Hardknock life for Dew!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Hardknock life

Based in the 1950's and in highschool.
Most of the muppets are in 8th grade.

“The Science convention, I am absoutlutley positively excited!” Exclaimed a certain Science enthusiast splurging into that powerful high confidence for what would reveal itself to be his effortless victory once more. Each year he gained one more ribbon to add to his endless row of pride which would be considered just a trifle to something much better. Not one ever had hope to defeat this marvelous record that he held for the longest time but then again half of the school roamed with bumbling idiots or just the ordinary nutcase roaming about with bombs at hand or attempting to do the greatest dare ever to be requested. That last little part rang a bell didn’t it?

The polished checker patterned floors bounced back the echoes of many other feet that you’d recognize if you’d get a decent description from this unloyal writer. Bunsen nodded a modest sort of greeting to each of his acquaintances and to the few of his friends. Not enough to call a group but it was something satisfactory for him; books were what he’d accept to be called his ‘posse’. Of course the word was not used commonly in his time, it existed but it just was not the in the popular use as we use it today. The atmosphere was typically more cheerful then the washed out schools we go to. Something wondrous hopped behind each locker or behind each lesson; no class would make you snore because it always had something--like a tease to the imagination or the fire burning at the tip of your hair! Well, it was bound to happen! You’d think this was a normal school or what?

Returning to our beloved Bunsen, he opened his locker to find the face of a young rat peering through the openings looking a little frightened “Mr. Rizzo?” questioned Bunsen looking quite startled “How on Earth did you manage to get into my locker --may I even ask why you’re even in there?” He took the rodent into his arms and set him down on his feet “Sorry Honeydew,” he mumbled “Thought I saw da’ principal…” Bunsen sighed “I fear for what you’ve done this time,” He commented “call me Bunsen, I insist it is not as if I have any sort of authority here, besides I am just an older student in a higher grade.” Rizzo shrugged “Whateva, I ain’t done nothin’ too bad, I just stole his lunch.” A bored expression crossed the older student’s face “I am terribly surprised.” He took his books out of the locker before closing it. “I hope you didn’t eat mine while you were hiding so courageously behind my locker.” Bunsen asked tonelessly, he was not usually so cynical but there were times where Rizzo could be so predictable that it sometimes irritated him “Nah, I’m stuffed,” the rat admitted with such a rare honestythat it pleased Bunsen quite a bit “Go tah class before yah get detention or worse a hit with da’ old ruler!” The both of them gave a little shudder at the sensation of a ruler hitting their hands. It was popular in Elementary and even more in High school but then again this was way before some of us ever existed. They went their separate ways almost running in fear of being late.

(Did I mention this was a boarding school?)

Man!” A young Clifford exclaimed “I get lost in these big halls and whazzits!” He tried to open his mouth to ask for help but they’d just pass him by “Nice way to aid a lost brotha—mhmm especially on his first day!” Bunsen bit his lip fearfully; it was either help him and get the ruler or help him and feel helpful. He looked around frantically until a modest looking frog kindly patted Bunsen on the shoulder “I’ll help him out,” He laughed a bit “I have patrol duty anyway!” The boy breathed a grateful sigh “Thank you, Mr. Kermit!” cried Bunsen through an uneasy laugh “You know how Miss Pleasance can be.” He cringed after mentioning her name. “Oh yeah,” Kermit replied reflecting the same cringe “she definitely is pleasant” They both scoffed and broke into a laugh.

“Meep meep!”

A slightly tall figure interrupted their laughter by dragging his melon-headed friend somewhat hurriedly “Beaker?” asked Bunsen, who was trying to adjust his glasses and keep his legs on the move. “Meemeeerulersmack!” scolded a fiery red haired youth. “Yes, you’re right,” He agreed “I should not let my head drift into the clouds.” They took a few turns and twists which eventually led to Math class “Good luck, Beaker.” He said. His tall friend nodded very much like a solider ready to sacrifice himself in the heat of battle “Mee.”. They took a deep breath and took their dramatic entrance just to find that the class was settled. “Count!” the teacher barked sending chills down his spine. “Stop counting the spiders in the room!” The students seemed to quiver in their penny loafers “Silence!” boomed a purplish vampire in a thick accent. “Do not interrupt me madam,” He started politely “I vwant to count—and being called ze Count I must be loyal to that.” He was not a delinquent—just a counting fanatic. “I will not allow you to…” Miss Pleasance’s words were put to a stop with a sudden mysticism that was set upon her. “Zyou vwill let me count,” he paused taking on a sly look and zyou vwill kindly allow us an early celebvratory party for graduation!” The class altogether cheered for their savior.

Gonzo’s was probably the loudest out of the bunch as he was swinging by a random vine. Lights began to flash party colors. The music, booming louder than ever…where there was music there was always a musical ready to burst to life. “Mr. Count!” called Honeydew sounding a little distressed “I demand that you snap her out of your voodoo abilities!” His words offended the vampire mildly “Is not voodoo,” He replied calmly “Iz magic that vampires have---voodoo too risky anyvway. Demands a lot of vwork but that of course iz for my cousin who is a vwonderful…oh yes…I shall right after I finish counting Miss Pleasence’s marvelous pets.” Beaker grew hyper from the euphoric atmosphere and brought Bunsen close to him so as to be heard clearly “Meeemeeemeee? MEEMEEMEEE!” The words he received shocked him to no end “Beakie, I know that it quite exciting but this is like playing Hooky!” Gonzo broke into their conversation with wide eyes “You actually want to stop this…are you mad?” The opposed teen found himself battling with his conscience “Well-I-I--” His protest influenced turned heads “Pleaseeee?” cooed a big blue-eyed damsel “Please be understanding Mon Cher!” He nearly gasped but just had to keep that collected gaze—if only his legs were not betraying him so terribly, they were shaking and the way Piggy pleaded so sweetly was no help to the situation. Her lips having been so close had fogged his glasses greatly making it hard to see her face fully “Um, well Miss Piggy I…” She teased him some more by pulling him closer by his collar. “Miss Piggy, please!” He begged sincerely tearing away from the Siren who was starting to look a little distraught. He felt regret hit him until a certain Count happily declared “Fifty, fifty spiders! Ah ah ah!” this brought relief to his face and sigh to many others “I, ze Count must set an example,” He explained with nobility “so I will do zis because education is important even though ze teacher is a complete banshee.” He snapped his fingers and out of the trance she went “What happened!” It was more order than a question. It’d shock you that the room looked spotless “Why is my board not written on yet?” Janice rose her hand slowly “Like, you totally collapsed and Skeeter had to like help you up.” The teacher neared Janice dangerously “Is that so?” Miss Pleasance was a tall skinny woman who wore long black dresses fit for a funeral. Her eyes were a piercing gray matching the color of her tightly slicked back hair. Wrinkles flawed her thinly face but more were visible around her tight lips and hands. Her nails remained uncut and were yellow with age and as she stretched out her hand experimentally towards the blonde haired girl. She smiled eerily revealing rotten teeth. Miss Pleasance knew that Janice, when afraid, would spit out the truth faster than a race car.

It was working.

The students exchanged fearful glances with silent hope that the blonde girl would not blurt it out too quickly “My friend be tellin’ the truth.” Lied Floyd who resisted the urge to run up next to her and shield her from the evil that was their math teacher. The rest nodded their heads shakily hoping she’d have mercy on them. “It’s true Miss Pleasance, I was observing from the little window.” Came hope with a throaty voice and little green flippers. A romantic sigh escaped Piggy’s lips leaving most of the boys jealous or brokenhearted. Kermit only chuckled nervously at Piggy and looked solemnly to the mistress of death. Her nod was accepting but her eyes spelled suspicion “Alright frog.” She acknowledged smoothly taking her chalk harshly into her hand. Her chalk made a terrible screech each time it was pressed against the board. The sound made teeth chatter and glasses break “Oh, she must have been a banshee…”thought the Count irritably. Bunsen would have trouble seeing correctly for the next few hours “Oh dear, my glasses broke. I’ll have to ask Beaker to guide me around a bit.” He thought embarrassedly but to his relief Beaker knew him well enough to not be asked. “Mee.” Assured Beaker in a small whisper “That helps very much.” He whispered back in a thankful voice “I certainly do not want to make the same mistake of going into the girls lavatory again.” He looked sheepish as he mentioned this “My eyesight is a curse I tell you.”

for Dew!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I tell you how awesome this is? And how much I like it from just the first chapter? Oh, it seems I can. Well, just know that I very much like this, is a good start, and I look forward to updates.

Now then, as certain colleagues of mine would say... More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is okay, when you get the chance. Intrigued by this cousin of Count's who practices voodoo. Also liked the assertion Mrs. Pleasants must've been a banshee, though she might've been something else. Wonder if you've ever seen the sketch made for the song "The First Day Of School", which includes various of Count's classmates and teacher too.

Oh, and happy early birthday. Hope you got the message I sent you for the next drawing. *Huggles to you sister Claudia.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Is okay, when you get the chance. Intrigued by this cousin of Count's who practices voodoo. Also liked the assertion Mrs. Pleasants must've been a banshee, though she might've been something else. Wonder if you've ever seen the sketch made for the song "The First Day Of School", which includes various of Count's classmates and teacher too.

Oh, and happy early birthday. Hope you got the message I sent you for the next drawing. *Huggles to you sister Claudia.
D: Could you sent it to me again? I think I lost it. >_< Sorrryyy I think I deleted it while I was cleaning out my pm box.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
XD Thank you very much! <3
I am almost done with the next part.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Taking a deeper look

A few minutes after their conversation.

Beaker shook under her gaze “Mee.” he held up the answer on a sheet of paper “Mr. Trent, why can’t you just say it? Why write it?” She taunted with the ruler at hand. Bunsen looked to his shaking form and took on a face of sympathy “His vocal cords are a bit dysfunctional, if you please but he is terribly sharp.” He explained weakly almost regretfully by the way his teacher looked at him. “It-it-it’s not his fault.” He justified pleadingly “He did answer accurately.” The teacher was just a word or two away from getting out the ruler so Bunsen silenced himself from any more words that could get the both of them into detention and boy to have detention in these times were actually frowned upon rather than considered ‘the thing’ but then again the popular kids were always stuck in there. So there’d be some sort of comfort in getting sent to detention just to see her flare her nostrils and create nonsensical lectures on how each and every student was a complete dunce and come out a total hero.

“Hush up!”

She spat “I want to hear him say a word.” Kermit and the rest of the class suffered in silence. Bunsen was trying not to hyperventilate as he saw Beaker opening his mouth only to find he could not come out with anything more than a mere squeak. “Alright, 5x-4=26 is?” asked Miss Pleasance with a sort of boredom in her delicate voice yet amusement danced in those cold eyes that pierced the soul of any and everyone. Beaker sunk his head into his collar trying his best to remain calm “Meefff…” In less than three seconds did he discover the answer but he just could not say it. He struggled there for a couple of seconds waiting for some sort of word to come out. It was difficult to try to control your voice knowing how it was supposed to be that way—trying to alter something that wasn’t alterable was like challenging a western cowboy without a gun. “MEEEEEEE!” He screamed loudly trying to say six but of course it came out to only be gibberish to the teacher’s ears.

“Meee….” He hid his face in his hands causing the teacher to laugh a little “I started talking when I was a baby! You can’t even say the word six and you are already a young adult!” This made Bunsen’s blood boil from her comments, none of them encouraging at all especially since it was not his fault at all. “Maintain your temper.” He thought miserably until he saw the clock strike 1:00. “Miss, I’m afraid it is time that you let them go.” Suggested Kermit. The teacher said no more as she walked out of the room. “Six.” Count said simplistically with no sort of malice behind his words and looked to Beaker strangely with understanding eyes “Banshees tend to have attitude probvlems.” He joked with a good natured laugh. Beaker nodded weakly, getting up did he feel ashamed. Taking note of this the Count popped right beside him “Now now!” He patted his back “No vwon can blame your voice problem, however, your voice iz no problem at all. It is ze demon lady, am I correct?” While the vampire tried to console the embarrassed to death Beaker…Bunsen was coughing over the pink puffs of smoke that came from Count’s little ‘magic trick’ , as he called it—you see Bunsen was a logical sort of person who did not believe in mysticism despite the Count being pure evidence to it. “Mr. Count if you would please clear the pixie dust.” Said Bunsen waving his hand at the bothersome clouds of pink “Pixie dust?” said the Count turning slowly to face him with a gleam in his eye. Oh how mysterious was he, proof to the modern day Goths that mystery did not have to be shrouded with misery but with cleverness and enthusiasm Please, zis is not Peter Pan.” What meant to be a laugh turned out to be a cackle “My father ate him.” He admitted casually giving his disturbed friends pats on the back. Beaker and Bunsen stared at him “Oh that is wonderful.” He commented with a gulp. “Yes, Peter vwas actually a demonic little child so he felt no sympathy.”

“Ah ah ah!” The flashes of thunder appeared randomly behind him and at this point it sent the two running to their next class. Count scratched his head comically “Strange fellows.” A shrug and he was gone. A few minutes later, Beaker stood against the wall feeling just awful. “I’d look you in the eye but as you can see my glasses were sent to heaven.” He frowned “Third time this week too.” His friend laughed softly “Meep.” This made him frown “Beakie, you know how she is. Everyone knew of your voice’s condition but gosh darn it you’re very intelligent. I will even admit that you have rivaled me increasingly!” he looked thougful as he said this “Hmm, I don’t even think as fast as you now that I see it.” It was true.

“Sometimes I find myself looking up to you. You have always amazed me with you just being you.” He leaned against the wall “Besides, have you noticed how positively popular you have been with the ladies?” This made Beaker blush a little “Mee?” Bunsen chuckled “Yes.” He was honest when he said this and it was very noticeable by the way Miss Mousy gave him winks as she passed by or the way Mary-Sue would try to cuddle up with him. Beaker’s face was much brighter than before “You seem to have improved that smile.” Bunsen said gently. Beaker nodded and looked to the ceiling “Oh, I really did mean it. Use your charm on that student over there.” Beaker would have laughed but did as he was told “Meep!” Beaker ran his hand through his carrot top hair suavely and stared at a fellow student and gave a wink. The girl screeched happily allowing herself the pleasure of fainting in his presence. He gasped “Meep!” another gasp joined in and it belonged to no other than the amorous Pepe! “How jou do that meng?” He gasped “That was awesome, hokay!” He could not stop staring “Jou must teach Pepe el guapisimo!” Beaker tried to be modest as he picked the girl up “Meep!” Bunsen was amused “We should take her to the nurse and get going to Science class.” They agreed and got going.

into the past.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Haha! I love it! Especially when you introduce my buddy Pepe! :smile: