Harvey Kneeslapper's play prank (stage production edition)

mikealan

Reaction score
(The scene is backstage of the theater. Harvey Kneeslapper is seen there laughing while working on some special effects for the show.)

Harvey Kneeslapper: (laughing) (to the viewer) Oh, hi there! I've just got some great practical jokes all planned up for the show tonight. (giggling) You see, I've setted up the water balloons right above of the stage and I've made some trap doors on the stage. Also, I put a large ball right there and I've created a swirling tornado made of real air! (laughing so hard) OK, whenever I see some performers on stage, I use the remote here to make the ball roll, and then the water balloons right there will land on them right on target and then when some performer lands on a trap door, (begins to giggle hard again) he or she will fall down and you know what's gonna happen with my tornado I've created for the finale? (laughing very hard) That's right! He or she will get blown away! (notices that the show is about to begin.) Oh, wait! The show's about to start! I'll get ready for the special effects right now...
(scene switches to the theater. audience cheers as Prairie Dawn enters)
Prairie Dawn: Hello, everyone. We would like to present our fantastic play of all time, "New York, New York."
(curtains reveal several Anything Muppets beginning to peform on stage singing several songs related to New York. Scene switches back to Harvey Kneeslapper.)
Harvey Kneeslapper: (giggling) Oh, this is gonna be good. First up is the rolling ball...(pushes the button on the remote and the ball is about to roll but it misses all of the AM performers on stage without noticing it! Audience cheers)
Harvey Kneeslapper: What the-? Aw, it missed them! I should try something else! Oh, I know! I should try the water balloons! (pulls rope. Water balloons fall down but misses the AM performers on stage too! Audience cheers again.) Oh, no! The audience likes a couple of my effects! I wish I was hated by the audience. Oh, well. (giggling a little) I guess I'll try the trap doors instead. (pulls remote and trap doors are open. Unfortunately, every AM performer on stage ignored the traps!) WHAT? They're performing around my traps? Oh, I'll have to wait till the finale. (waits for the finale for thirty seconds. The finale now starts.) Oh, at last! (giggling) I'm about to do my latest special effect! (giggling hard) Now, here comes the tornado! (pulls remote and tornado begins to swirl on stage. It destroys the set and has blown all of the AM performers' clothes away. The audience finally begins to boo and hiss.) A'HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! (laughing very hard) I DID IT! I MADE THE AUDIENCE BOO AND HISS THE PEFORMERS! (laughing very hard again.)
Prairie Dawn: Places please, everybody. We must find out who ruined our show! (all of the AM peformers on stage point at Harvey Kneeslapper.) (To Harvey Kneeslapper) Harvey Kneeslapper, you ruined our show! You've created your OWN special effects that can't happen at the show!
Harvey Kneeslapper: Oh, well, it was my idea for putting up those effects! (giggling wildly)
Prairie Dawn: Oh, I'm going to call our manager of our show. MANAGER!
(The stage manager AM, portrayed from a Green Anything Muppet enters.)
Stage Manager: What can I do to help you?
Prairie Dawn: This guy has ruined our show by creating his unusual effects that can't happen!
Stage Manager: (to Harvey, in a dangerouly angry voice) Harvey Kneeslapper! I saw what you did before! You're fired!
Harvey Kneeslapper: WHAT? You can't kick me out! I was doing some...
Stage Manager: (grabbing Harvey out of the theater) No! OUT, OUT, OUT!
(ending music from the Invisible Ice Cream Cone sketch and Harvey Kneeslapper's Mirror Prank sketch plays.)
Prairie Dawn: Shall we reschedule our play for next week?
Stage Manager: We'll see. Hopefully we can do it if some wild eyed guy who does some unusual effects is not around.