Has anyone bought from TV Show Planet?

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Hi, guys.

At the start of May, I bought a DVD set of all the episodes of The Muppet Show from TVSHOWPLANET after browsing the Muppet Wiki and seeing them advertised there.

Well, after a week or so, they finally gave me a delivery confirmation tracking number that keeps reading:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 1, 2007 to expect your package for mailing.

It's now May 21st and I'm still getting the same message.

On Friday, I contacted them and they said they would mail my stuff out today, Monday.

What I'd like to find out is has anyone here ever bought anything from them and, if so, are they reliable or scam artists? For my own head, I'd like to know what to expect...

Thanks!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Whoo, good luck with that!
:sympathy: I hope you didn't pay too much for them! Did you call or e-mail them?

aslkim

Reaction score
Tvshowplanet Scam

Yes, I thoroughly believe that tvshowplanet is a scam. I purchased and PAID for one of the complete DVD series; five weeks later I have not received them, even after numerous e-mails to them and promises from them. They even told me it had been mailed out - that was a week and a half ago. Please, please - don't buy from them. They are making money scamming innocent people. I have already filed a fraud claim with my credit card company.

aslkim :stick_out_tongue:

Sensei Amatsu

Reaction score
I did too

I hate to revive a topic that's dead for a few months, but it just caught my attention because I had purchased from tvshowplanet.net July 11th. I got the same exact junk said to me as the posts in here, the person even replying saying that they are "understaffed" and will get them done soon. I couldn't take that answer anylonger, and so I went ahead with my mission: Get my money back AND get the site taken down.

I called the number that was with the charge on my credit card. It was disconnected, no longer exists. That was a key piece of info that I've been scammed. So I looked the site up on the net to find their webhosting provider to file a complaint. Their webhost provider is Hostmonster.com I told them I'd ordered, not received a single dime or dvd's back (I ordered Malcolm in the Middle) and they said their abuse dept will contact me via email. They did. They said they cannot get involved, give any information of their customer, but they can "forward" my complaint onto them. Frustrated I said how can I expect these people to read hostmonster's emails and reply if they stopped replying to me. So they said they can't do anymore without a lawyer or court order documentation forcing them to disclose the info. So that's what I did.

I called a lawyer. I was told to file a charge back on my credit card, contact the Federal Trade Commission, and let Hostmonster know of all my actions. In addition, I took another route to complain. This is what I wrote to Hostmonster:

"Recently I opened a ticket against http://www.tvshowplanet.net/ My problem was I paid them a little over $60 for dvd's they never sent me, and right up to today, even after your staff kindly forwarded my complaint to tvshowplanet, tvshowplanet continues to ignore all emails about my order. I digress my reason for writing this time. Ignore all that is what I'm asking you to do now. I'm asking you to please do NOT think I am now contacting you about that issue. I'm giving that up. Instead, I'd like to report them for selling American DVD's that are currently commercially reproduced and sold legally. Basically, they are charging people for dvd's that are copyrighted and sold at well known places throughout the united states. I will give you all that I can give you to back up my claim of their illegal activity.

On this page here: http://www.tvshowplanet.net/index.php?p=page&page_id=dvdinfo you can see that they are justifying their abilities to sell tv shows burned onto DVD's by writing:
"Before ordering, please be aware that the DVD's we sell are NOT commercially-produced pre-records. These films are not currently available on commercial DVD and are believed to be in public domain." There is a discrepancy. They are in fact selling DVD's that are currently available on commercial DVD, thus not falling into public domain. "

I knew they HAD to help now. That was sent August 27th, 2007. My credit card company gave me back my money, and I checked tvshowplanet.net today and the site won't even show. Mission Completed. I hope those who ordered from them got their money back. I'll never again purchase from sites like that again. It was my 1st time getting burned, I won't forget it. I never even got burned purchasing on Ebay! I'm glad I did something about it. I just hope all those people that bought stuff take the blank web page as a sign that the site scammed them and they go forward onto getting their money back. I'm trying to post this on different sites where people stated they bought from tvshowplanet to let them know what to do if they don't already.

I know this was my first post, but I will definitely look around here and post in other topics too :smile: Thank you for reading this, if you did :mad:

Fibonacci

Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if anyone had TV Show Planets contact information (not that I expect them to answer I suppose). I got burned by them and now the sites gone so I can't really even attempt to contact or resolve anything. Contact Info? If not, advice?

Sensei Amatsu

Reaction score
I knew that when I helped get the website taken down that there'd be some people left with nothing to even try to contact tvshowplanet with, but in reality they were just going to ignore all attempts of a person trying to get the dvd's or their money back; feeding them with lies and stalling the "shipping" with promises of them being able to ship them soon. It's all a scam, you can send 100 emails a day, I actually emailed them every single day for a short period of time and still no one replied, but in the end you'd get nothing. So I had to do something to get them taken down. As I wrote in my post, I was not able to obtain any contact information from the webhost provider of tvshowplanet without legal documentation forcing them to do so. It was a dead end in that respects, which is why I had to take things a step further and give the webhost provider proof that they were not only scamming people, but that they were breaking united states copyright laws. Ultimately it was the breaking of several U.S. copyright laws, not the scamming because it "couldn't be proven", that got the website removed immediately.

Fibonacci, at this point I highly recommend that you call your credit card/debit card company/bank and tell them that you'd like a charge back on your card. Tell them that you have been scammed and the ultimate proof is the website being taken down, as well as others being scammed and having to file charge backs on their cards. You cannot receive any goods if the website is gone. The credit card company will give you your money back and they will investigate where the charge initially came from and charge them the money they gave you back. That's what I had to do and it worked 110% :smile: In addition, and I say this only because it happened to me right after I got tvshowplanet taken down, have your credit card number changed. Someone charged $140 on my card. I was heated! I couldn't believe not only had I been scammed, but scammed once again with over twice as much as I'd spent with tvshowplanet! I definitely had all my credit card numbers changed, and ran a credit check report to ensure no one has stolen my identity and opened new credit cards in my name. I'll never forget this experience. It's terrible to be scamemd online, but worse for someone to take your identity and ruin your credit. Get a charge back, change your credit card numbers, and for safety run a credit report (typically free with your credit card company online) to make sure everything is ok. If you need any more help just lemme know :wink: Good luck!

EDIT: Careful, because their website is back up... http://www.tvshowplanet.net/
I said be careful because of what they have written on there:
"WHAT HAPPENED TO TVSHOWPLANET?
fOR ALL THOSE WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED TO US WE WOULD LIKE TO EXPLAIN. AFTER RUNNING FOR 5 YEARS WE WERE ATTACKED BY A DDOS (DENIAL OF SERVICE) ATTACK. WHICH CRIPPELED OUR SERVERS AND DATABASE
WHERES MY ORDER / REFUND?
BECAUSE WE LOST OUT ENTIRE DATABASE WE HAVE BEEN WORKING AROUND THE CLOCK TO REFUND LOST ORDERS.
WE ASK FOR YOUR PATIENCE BUT ALL ORDERS ARE IN PROCESS OF BIENG REFUNDED."

Don't trust what they say, focus on getting your money back, don't give them any more info on yourself than you already have. None of their links even lead to contact info at the moment anyway...

Sensei Amatsu

Reaction score
Then that's uber great on your end LOL So many people got scammed by this site. It makes no sense why few people have success stories and others scammed. It's not right. When did you place your order with them? At this point I just learned to find the original dvd's and pay full price for them. Better quality, special features, supporting the original makers of the dvd's and better customer service.

zakima2

Reaction score
Dont look now but the website is back up and as they like to claim, better than ever... I hope everyone takes heed to the warnings above.. if you take it by statistics, there are more con storys than success.... NOBODY DESERVES TO GET RIPPED OFF. DON'T BE FOOLISH. KEEP YOUR MONEY SAFE.
I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO GOT LUCKY ON MY FIRST ORDER, GOT IT IN EXCELENT TIMING... HOWEVER MY 2ND ORDER WAS NEVER SENT AND I FILED A COMPLAINT W MY CC COMPANY AND GOT MY MONEY BACK AND CHANGED MY CC #. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEM.