Has anyone ever tried...

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
has anyone ever tryed one of those fryed twinkies? or even Snickers? or even a fryed pickle?!?! I went to the texas "south plains/panhandle" fair and was exposed to these foods (never had a desire to try them though... !:eek: im not one for greese deep fryed greese) now Im not saying that they could be good, I just did not want to try one, so im asking you all, have you ever tryed one of these? if so how was it? :confused:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
has anyone ever tryed one of those fryed twinkies? or even Snickers? or even a fryed pickle?!?! I went to the texas "south plains/panhandle" fair and was exposed to these foods (never had a desire to try them though... :eek: im not one for greese deep fryed greese) now Im not saying that they could be good, I just did not want to try one, so im asking you all, have you ever tryed one of these? if so how was it? :confused:
I had a deep-fried Twinkie in Las Vegas last year. It wasn't as gross as I thought it'd be, but I also woudn't care to try another one. A regular Twinkie would be better any day.

I've never tried the other foods, but I'm sure I'll have the "opportunity" at the state fair some year. The pickle sounds like it'd be better than the candy bar though.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
You know, I'm not really big on fried foods either (not since working in fast-food eight or nine years ago), but I did try a fried twinkie at the Iowa State Fair two months ago. It was my first state fair ever, and it was just something I had to do. It was actually pretty good! :eek: It was a twinkie on a stick, dipped in batter like a corn dog, then deep fried. Mine was still warm, and they put whipped cream on it. I don't know if I'd get another one (not a habit I want to start). It was kinda yummy, though. Maybe next time I'll try the deep fried oreos or the deep fried snickers bar. Just for something different, you know...

:big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I haven't tried them but I've seen them. When I was in England, everything was deep fried. Mars bars, pizza, burgers... :eek: I am a fan of fried food, but I didn't really have anything too exotic...
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
I grilled a pickle a year or two ago. I didn't do anything other than burn the pickle.

Phantom

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I did try a fried twinkie at the Iowa State Fair ...
:sing: ...dollars to donuts that our state fair is the best state fair in our state...

Baby Animal

Reaction score
I don't know. I think that other Kentucky State Fair in Lexington would give the Louisville Kentucky State Fair a run for their money. But don't forget the Kentucky State Fair in Padooka (sp).

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
You know, I could *swear* that I know somebody from Paducah, KY, but I can't for the life of me think who... :confused:
Erin