1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Has anyone ever tried...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krazedmuppet, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Well-Known Member

has anyone ever tryed one of those fryed twinkies? or even Snickers? or even a fryed pickle?!?! I went to the texas "south plains/panhandle" fair and was exposed to these foods (never had a desire to try them though... !:eek: im not one for greese deep fryed greese) now Im not saying that they could be good, I just did not want to try one, so im asking you all, have you ever tryed one of these? if so how was it? :confused:

2. Amazing Mumford

Amazing Mumford Well-Known Member

I had a deep-fried Twinkie in Las Vegas last year. It wasn't as gross as I thought it'd be, but I also woudn't care to try another one. A regular Twinkie would be better any day.

I've never tried the other foods, but I'm sure I'll have the "opportunity" at the state fair some year. The pickle sounds like it'd be better than the candy bar though.

3. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

You know, I'm not really big on fried foods either (not since working in fast-food eight or nine years ago), but I did try a fried twinkie at the Iowa State Fair two months ago. It was my first state fair ever, and it was just something I had to do. It was actually pretty good! :eek: It was a twinkie on a stick, dipped in batter like a corn dog, then deep fried. Mine was still warm, and they put whipped cream on it. I don't know if I'd get another one (not a habit I want to start). It was kinda yummy, though. Maybe next time I'll try the deep fried oreos or the deep fried snickers bar. Just for something different, you know...

:D

4. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon Well-Known Member

I haven't tried them but I've seen them. When I was in England, everything was deep fried. Mars bars, pizza, burgers... :eek: I am a fan of fried food, but I didn't really have anything too exotic...
    Erin

5. jediX

jediX Well-Known Member

I grilled a pickle a year or two ago. I didn't do anything other than burn the pickle.

6. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

:sing: ...dollars to donuts that our state fair is the best state fair in our state...

7. Baby Animal

Baby Animal Well-Known Member

I don't know. I think that other Kentucky State Fair in Lexington would give the Louisville Kentucky State Fair a run for their money. But don't forget the Kentucky State Fair in Padooka (sp).

8. Don'tLiveonMoon

You know, I could *swear* that I know somebody from Paducah, KY, but I can't for the life of me think who... :confused:
    Erin

9. Marble Didymus

Marble Didymus Active Member

Has anyone ever tried a twinkie-weiner sandwhich?

10. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Well-Known Member

???

Say wha?! Whats that? (im afraid to ask) :confused: :eek:

11. jediX

jediX Well-Known Member

Its a Twinkie w/ a hot dog in it. Weird Al eats one in his movie UHF.

12. AndyWan Kenobi

Thought about it, but never had the guts to actually consume one. Weird Al has eaten a few in TV specials since UHF, but now they're always tofu-dogs.

13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

AHAHHA!! Someone was watching UHF...

I'm actually trying to teach myself how to cook (I've almost got Pizzas down pat) and I'm working on fried foods. My fries aren't that great. I tried to fry mashed potatoes (long story short, McKains has them... shaped as meshuggena smiley faces) but it didn't do anything but made them greasy...

I tried to make a donught a while a go (months) but all I got was a greasy mass of dough....

14. Whatever

Whatever Well-Known Member

Doughnuts are the hardest thing to make almost. Even experienced cookers mess up. Try something easier like cookies!

15. tinfoilspider

tinfoilspider Member

deep fried food stuffs

hey,

iv had a deep fried mars bar.very bizarre :eek: .but like erin sed over here in england we do go a bit crazy deep frying things.specially chips.fish and chips do usually leave a nice coating of grease across the top of ur mouth but we still eat them and i have no idea why... i know in scotland deep fried choklit bars are a big thing.i wonder who thought it up... :)

tin

16. tiggie0686

tiggie0686 Well-Known Member

I've heard that deep fried twinkies are actually shockingly good. I mean, the actual concept of eating one is kind of repulsive, but based on what I've heard, i wouldn't hesitate to try one!

17. Don'tLiveonMoon

Oh, gag! They're eating deep-friend Oreos on Good Morning America right now!!! :eek:
    Erin

18. Don'tLiveonMoon

Ha, it's kinda funny, the glas think they're groovy, and the guys think they're gross. :p Though Charlie says, "I don't like them, but I think I'll have another." :crazy:
    Erin

19. Manda:-D

Manda:-D Well-Known Member

Speeeeeew.
    I can't imagine eating a deep-fried Twinkie. It's like asking to keel over and die of a heart attack on the spot!

20. AndyWan Kenobi

I thought so too, but I was willing to take that risk for the sake of culinary experimentation. Twas indeed pretty yummy, but tis not something I would consume a second time.

:p