Has Jim Hill disappeared off of the face of the earth?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
It feels like former LaughingPlace.com columnist Jim Hill has disappeared off the face of the earth. He left the site before he could finish his story on the Disney/Henson deal, and his MuppetCentral articles still aren't finished? What happened to him, and are they still going to be finished, or have they been cancelled?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Yes, but whatever happened to the "Movin' Right Along" article he was going to do for this site?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once the Henson sale is complete, that series will begin.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Okay...thanks. I didn't know what the article was about, but now that idea makes sense. I just wish he'd finish "When You Wish Upon a Frog," which he promised to finish JUST BEFORE LaughingPlace.com fired him...

Luke

Reaction score
Lets hope for this site he actually does a proper job this time then. Last time he shilled us with a 'look at the press releases for five minutes and try to sound like an informed person' type article that didn't fool anyone.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I didn't know that was what happened last time, Luke. Let's hope you're right: real input this time!

- Billy :cool:

Luke

Reaction score
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/060402.shtml

He kinda put his foot in his mouth when he inferred Dave Goelz is taking jobs from Disney in order to be kept 'sweet' and stay with the company. It gets worse after that when he infers the major reason Disney co-produces with Henson or uses the Creature Shop, allows Henson to rent their sound stages, or has released DVD's of the Henson co-produced movies is because they want to 'make nice'. What makes it worse is that he writes as if you would be mad not to agree with him and that it's all so obvious.

That kinda p*ssed me off big time because the counter argument was never mentioned that why Henson and Henson people get these jobs is because they have TALENT and the people working there are LOYAL - nobody is afraid of anyone 'waltzing off'. He used the Frank Oz example as if Frank upped and left yesterday, rather than slowing down gradually over the years as his other work increased. The whole article was offensive to Muppet fans and the Henson Company - i found it to be in very bad taste and it had no place here.

Hill's a great writer but Disney is his thing, and he needs to understand that Henson doesn't operate like Disney so most of his thinking and theories are way off.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yeah, I see what you mean Luke.

Hill should definately research both the Henson and Disney companies to make a full, correct evaluation before committing himself, and being subject to die-hard fans' commentary (good or bad).

- Billy :cool:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Once the Henson sale is complete, that series will begin.
What, Henson's for sale? :-S

STILL. Mother freakin' STILL...