Has the JHC ever throught of making the (Little Shop Horrors 2)

melissa

Reaction score
Now that would be a sentional ideal movie.....

Yes or no... to all guys :smile:

melissa

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Little Shop was directed by Frank Oz, but Henson didn't make the film. It would be an interesting sequel and a great project for Henson. I don't know how it would fare at the box office, but would be a cool cable film.

radionate

Reaction score
I really wouldn't want to see this made. Since the musical was the brainchild of Howard Ashman and Alan Menkin, they would have to be attached, but unfortunatly the world lost Howard to Aids over 10 years ago.

I don't know what kind of story could really be told. Its a quirky little story, and I think the charm would be lost if anyone went back to the well a second time.

I do think the creature shop would be a great choice if they went back and did another one.

I wouldn't be too excited about it though. :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I loved the movie, and would love to see a sequel made, but it wouldn't be any good.

It'd be like any of the Disney sequels! The ending was fine the way it was, there isn't anymore story to continue!

There's certain movies that should, and some that just can't, whether we want one or not.

I would like to find a copy of the DVD with the original ending on it though. That'd be cool! I've always wanted to see the plant win!

Frank Oz, if you're offered to make a sequel, don't do it. It's something I'd like to see, but it's not something that should be made.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A Dark Crystal PREQUEL would be possible, but a sequel would never work. It's the same with this, except a prequel wouldn't even work.

"When I was younger,
Just a bad little kid,
My momma notised funny things I did.
Like shootin' puppies with a b-b gun.
I'd poison guppies, and when I was done,
I'd find a pussycat and bash in it's head!
That's when my momma said...

What did she say?

She said: "My boy, I think someday
You'll find a way
To make your natural tendencies pay!
You'll be a dentist!"

How they didn't win an Academy Award for that music, I will never know. :big_grin:

The one guy died while scoring Beauty and the Beast, right?

radionate

Reaction score
They weren't eligible for an acadamy award for Little Shop because it had been produced off brodaway before making it to the big screen. (only original material written for the screen is eligible).

Howard Ashman died before Beauty and the Beast was released. He had seen most of the movie, but he didn't get to see the praise the movie recieved after its release.

There is a great extra on Howard on the special edition Beauty and the Beast DVD.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that. It was sad.

I get the feeling you really liked their music.

radionate

Reaction score
I think they were both very gifted. Alan Menkin has gone on to do many other projects with other partners, but there was something special with the character driven lyrics that Howard wrote.

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I really wouldn't want to see this made. Since the musical was the brainchild of Howard Ashman and Alan Menkin, they would have to be attached, but unfortunatly the world lost Howard to Aids over 10 years ago.
Actuualy LSOH is orginally the brainchild of Roger Corman. it was a 1950 B-rate film featurign a then unknown J. Nicholson (he played one of Orin Scrivello's patients)in the early 80's Menken and Ashman had the idea to turn it into muscial and produce it off B-way.

A little trivia here, the first designer Adhman and Menken wanted to hire to build the plants was Julie Taymor (B'way Lion King). Julie wasn't interested, but she had worked with Marty "Snuffleupagus" Robinson on a theater piece called "Haggadah" and knew his work so she suggested him and the rest is history. Speaking of which, I read the other day that they are working on bringing LSOH to B'way and Marty will be building the puppets for it again. FOMP!

Hope this helps.

--Matt

radionate

Reaction score
LSOH is actually coming back to broadway!

The B movie is was based on is a fun watch too. I think the musical took it to a whole other level though.