Have you met a Muppet in person?

beaker

Reaction score
Ok, Butchcat and Kprell have to be excluded from this:wink: But Im curious what non JHC employed/former employed Muppet fans on here have actually gotten to meet a Muppet in real life? It is all our dream on here to someday meet the Muppets in person.

For me, technically the only Muppet Ive gotten to meet and talk with in real life was Sweetums at Muppetfest/live TMS. However, I got to be close to other Muppets at MF(like when Elmo and Pepe competed for this toddler's attention) and of course seeing the Muppets intereact with people's questions and comments in the q & a.

Weve all grown up on the Muppets...but to genuinely be able to meet or see them in person is truly something else.

I really hope there are some rare oppurtunities to be able to meet say Kermit, Pepe, Rizzo, Gonzo, etc at Muppetfest 2003.
That would just be too cool!

I also hope they do the live show again, or perhaps something even bigger(cant think of what tho) as being able to say youve sang along to the Muppets live and seen the Electric Mayhem play live is an experience of a lifetime.

Ok, to those who have worked with JHC(even if it was a grip, behind the scenes artist, good boy, better boy, or best boy)
what was your fave Muppet meeting experience?

Smig

Reaction score
Like most others who went to Muppetfest, it was meeting Sweetums , But some years earlier, when Sesame Street was doing special college visit at harvard Square as part of its 30th anniversary, I briefly met Elmo and Kevin Clash (as in talk to them close up for a couple of minutes) Sadly, i had forgotten to bring a camera with me to which Elmo replied: "Aw, that's too bad"

Smig

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Smig
I briefly met Elmo and Kevin Clash (as in talk to them close up for a couple of minutes) Sadly, i had forgotten to bring a camera with me to which Elmo replied: "Aw, that's too bad"
Good job you brought your hunting rifle though ..... shame it wasn't loaded ! :big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Lol. I've noticed Elmo was disliked by a lot of people.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I love Elmo. I hate the way SW sells and saturates the market with him though.

beaker

Reaction score
first off, thanx for the story Smig! See, this is the kind of personal stories I love hearing. Second, on the whole Elmo thing...I think anybody who went to Muppetfest came away with having a newfound respect and love for the little furry fella.
In late 1996 til last year he had been tarnished as some overhyped marketing thing...and that was true to an extent. But as a Muppet, man! His chemistry with Pepe, Floyd, etc was really great.

Smig

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Good job you brought your hunting rifle though ..... shame it wasn't loaded ! :big_grin:
Actually, Elmo was hilarious thruout the whole thing..It's not the Elmo character I hate but the overly cutesy material they give him. If they'd just let Elmo have more of an "Edge" like all the characters used to.. An edge long dulled since Jim Left..Elmo would would have even MORE fans than he does now!

Smig

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i agree with you Smig ! Teaming him up with Rosie on the 'cute' front wasn't their greatest move either !

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I met Sweetums. I jumped and hollered "ME!" when they brought out Fozzie Bear at MF for someone to perform him, but I lost out at the throw of a towel.

sniff sniff.

FOZ

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I met Sweetums. I jumped and hollered "ME!" when they brought out Fozzie Bear at MF for someone to perform him, but I lost out at the throw of a towel.<<<

I still cant believe how unceremoniusly they let some kid in the audience perform Fozzie. Then again, I think most the audience had left by that time Sunday. But yes, they should have picked you!

Btw Kevin, remember when Dave Ebersole asked Sweetums if he ever came on Muppet Central?(when we were in the theatre balcony) Man, that would be *too much* A Muppet on Muppet Central!(Though I can imagine it'd be kind of hard to type)Anyways, those Muppets are just as warm and friendly in real life as they are on the big screen!