Have You Seen the Cast in Other Projects?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to thinking this would make for an interesting thread, but have you ever seen any of the human actors in any other shows, movies, plays, etc. outside of SST?

I haven't seen much, but what I have seen is rather interesting.

Roscoe Orman: Being a fan of SANFORD AND SON, I've seen an episode where he and a dimwitted white guy were robbing a bank where Fred and Lamont just happened to be conducting business - Roscoe's character was obviously the brains of the duo, while his partner turned out to be an acquaintence of Lamont's from high school. I also caught a glimpse of WILLIE DYNAMITE, though not the whole movie... it was a little awkward seeing, "The Lovely Magic Gordon Guy" in a skin-tight pimp suit, talking all slow and rapsy, and seducing a girl he had on a bed with him.

Sonia Manzano: I saw her glorious three-second bit part in the old Charles Bronsan movie DEATH WISH (really, has Charles Bronsan ever done anything other than vigilante movies?) as the cashier who rings up spray paint for some gangbangers.

David Langston Smyrl: I know he had a brief recurring role on THE COSBY SHOW as the good-for-nothing handyman who really didn't do much work for the Huxtables. He also narrated a couple of WHAT A CARTOON! shorts animated by Ralph Bakshi.

Leonard Jackson: Caught him playing a judge in a Sidney Sheldon movie (forget the name of it though).

Alan Muraoka: Seen him in a couple of commercials, such as one for Comcast and one for Walgreens, but I've also seen him in some online ads as well, like this one:

Alaina Reed-Hall: Saw her once in a commercial for... um... what was that medication that was supposed to help prevent, "Gotta-go-gotta-go-gotta-go-right-now, gotta-go-gotta-go-gotta-go"? She was a traffic cop.

Gedde Watanabe: REVENGE OF THE NERDS, I LOVE THE 80s: STRIKES BACK, and even SEINFELD without realizing it.

Savion Glover: Saw him perform live in my hometown several years ago, and of course, he did Mumble's choreography in HAPPY FEET (and I'm assuming HAPPY FEET TWO, which I didn't see).

Lillias White: I keep feeling like I've seen her in something else, but I, for the life of me, can't remember what.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Sonia Manzano: I saw her glorious three-second bit part in the old Charles Bronsan movie DEATH WISH (really, has Charles Bronsan ever done anything other than vigilante movies?) as the cashier who rings up spray paint for some gangbangers.
I saw her a while back in an episode of Law and Order. I don't really remember the plot of the episode, but she was getting grilled on the witness stand for a good chunk of it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gedde Watanabe: REVENGE OF THE NERDS, I LOVE THE 80s: STRIKES BACK, and even SEINFELD without realizing it.
Gedde Watanabe was all over the 80's, man... He was one of the 3 go to actual Japanese guys to be in something that needed a Japanese guy, the other two being Sab Shimono (Uncle on Jackie Chan Adventures) and Pat Morita. Lest we forget, he was also in UHF where he delivered the immortal line "STUPID! YOU SO STUPID!" :fanatic:

Anyway...

Lillias White: I keep feeling like I've seen her in something else, but I, for the life of me, can't remember what.
Wasn't she the voice of the head Muse in Disney's Hercules?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw her a while back in an episode of Law and Order. I don't really remember the plot of the episode, but she was getting grilled on the witness stand for a good chunk of it.
I haven't seen that, however, I remember years and years ago on one of the versions of LAW & ORDER, there was a domestic abuse case between a couple named... Maria and Luis. :eek:
Wasn't she the voice of the head Muse in Disney's Hercules?
I think that must be it!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Raul Julia (Rafael in a few early episodes of the show) would go on to play Gomez in the Addams Family movies, and let's not forget his final film role ever (and perhaps his most infamous): M. Bison! :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't take Raul Julia into consideration, but yes, those Addams Family movies, yes.

Oh, and I just remembered: Will Lee played a little girl's grandfather in a commercial for PacMan.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did you know, the woman who was on the Facts of Life that was on Sesame Street was in The Facts of Life?

Katzi428

Reaction score
Gedde Watanabe(Hiroshi) was in "16 Candles" as a kid Long Duk Dong

Alaina Reed -Hall (Olivia) was on "227" as a neighbor named Rose

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gedde Watanabe(Hiroshi) was in "16 Candles" as a kid Long Duk Dong

Yeah... all over the 1980's. Very racist roles he had back then. Nice to know Sesame Street let him have something dignified, subtle, and culturally respectful.

Alaina Reed-Hall: Saw her once in a commercial for... um... what was that medication that was supposed to help prevent, "Gotta-go-gotta-go-gotta-go-right-now, gotta-go-gotta-go-gotta-go"? She was a traffic cop.
I want to say she was in an episode of The Drew Carey Show, but I forget which one. I recall her also being in an episode of Newsradio. But the one I'm definite about is a 1990's PSA about keeping lighters out of kids' reach.