Having Each Other (Ush-Gush)

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Chapter 9: Getting to Sesame Street

The rain seemed to create rivers streaming through the roads and streets of New York as Piggy and Kermit slowly made their way through the Big Apple. Seeing the street sign finally, Kermit let out a low breath. 123 Sesame Street offered at least some bright sunshine to the couple's last few dreary weeks. Thanking the taxi driver with cash, the Frogs' walked down the familiar paths Oscar peeked out from his garbage can at the new visitors.
"Hi ho, Oscar!" Kermit waved at the green monster.
"Nice to see you Kermit! Now scram!" The monster slammed the lid, muttering about leaks.
"Nice to see he hasn't changed." Kermit smiled meekly as Piggy grasped his arm more firmly. Walking to Mr. Hooper's Store, Kermit lead himself and Miss Piggy into the seemingly empty store.
"Alan? Luiz? Maria? Anyone home?" Kermit called out, hoping someone would answer.
"Kermit? Is that you?" Alan poked his head up from behind the counter, smiling at his small green friend. "I didn't think you were coming today! How have you been?" Alan hugged slash slapped Kermit on the back. Turning, he smiled widely at Miss Piggy, pressing a soft kiss to her gloved hand.
Nice to see you again, Missy." He said warmly.
"Miss Piggy and I have been just swell, what about you and everybody else? Where are they?" Kermit wondered allowed, frowning slightly.
"Basically, everyone went to bed. Luiz and Maria will be coming back soon, they just went to tuck Gabi in." Alan said. "With all this rain, everyone gets tired easily." Alan said jokingly. Kermit scrunched his face.
"I believe you. Mind if we sit down?" Kermit asked, motioning towards the table.
"Of course! Would you like some coffee as well?" Alan started to move towards the kitchen.
"Hmm, I think I'm okay for right now, what about you Piggy?" Kermit said, turning to his wife. Piggy nodded absently, rubbing her stomach thoughtfully. Smiling with understanding, Alan walked to the kitchen to brew some much needed coffee. Hearing the chimes of bells, Kermit looked at the door to find the soaked forms of Luiz and Maria.
"Hey Alan! We're back!" Maria called loudly into the store's entry.
"Hi ho!" Kermit called, waving to his old friends.
"Kermit!" Maria called joyfully, skipping over to the table. Once she had thoroughly hugged Kermit and Piggy, Luiz sat down with maria on his lap. Maria eyed Piggy's stomach with what could only be described as glee. She and Piggy talked softly and giggled from time to time, leaving the men to wonder what they could possibly be discussing.
"You know somethin'?" Luiz said thoughtfully to no one in particular.
"What?" Kermit and Alan said simultaneously.
"It doesn't matter how long you are married to them, you never are able to speak their language." The both men and frog shook their heads in agreement."No, but we still grin and bear it, 'cause the nights are long..."
"I hope something better comes along." The men chuckled, sipping their coffee in contentment.
Luiz looked out the window at the continuing rain.
"Do you think it will ever stop?" Kermit followed his wistful gaze and shrugged.
"Everything comes to an end, even the rain."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruahnna looked out into the dark and empty street of Sesame Street. It was getting late, yet there appeared to be a commotion coming from the general store. Groggily grabbing her rain coat, she stepped out into the rain. Squeezing through the packed doors, Ruahnna found herself in the middle of the large crowd filled with monsters, muppets, and humans. Sitting in the middle was Kermit and Miss Piggy. Seeing her there, Alan motioned her forward with a smile.
"That reminds me, Kermit, this is our new first grade English teacher. Meet Ru." Kermit smiled at the middle aged woman with absolute delight.
"It's a pleasure to meet you and have you on the show with us!" he gushed conversationally. Ru smiled shyly at the amphibian and his wife.
"Please, call me aunty Ru. Everyone does any way." She said pleasantly, flashing a bright smile. Kermit, in turn, smiled as well. Ruuhnna was soon sitting next to Miss Piggy and Kermit, laughing and joking with everyone else. Their disharmonious party continuing late into the night.
As everyone started to head back into the cold wet main street, Alan lead an exhausted but happy frog and pig up to his guest room.
"The bathroom is on the right and my room is just further down the hall to your left. I'm usually up at six, but you can sleep in as long as you want." Alan explained. Reaching their room, Kermit pushed the solid wooden door open to reveal a nice little room. The walls were a deep royal blue with white trimmings and two dressers sat on either side of the room. A large wardrobe rested near the window overlooking the street. Everything looked neat and orderly, but what caught Kermit's eye the most, was the fact that their were two separate beds.
"Er, It looks wonderful Alan. It truly does, but a why is there and extra bed? Are sharing with someone?" Kermit asked, slightly baffled. Alan looked a little uncomfortable for a moment.
"I wasn't sure if you would need, uh, one bed or two." He admitted shyly. His reply was met with a short pause of awkward silence.
"Alan, I can assure you Piggy and I sleep in the sa-"
"Kermit, I don't think I need nor want to know the personal details of your marriage." Alan cut in, his face blushing furiously. "I'll just leave you two to yourselves unless you need anything." He mumbled, backing out the door and shutting it softly behind himself. Kermit looked at Piggy and shrugged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys like this chapter, especially you, Aunty Ru! I felt like you would fit as a English teacher, if you disliked it, then please inform me and I will change it. Please review!:smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
I'm loving this Figgie! I love the awkwardness when Kermit was saying he might need two beds, and Ru was in it! Yay! She writes awesome fics! More please! *leaves banana muffin*

We Got Us

Reaction score
Yay Sesame Street!! >feels warm and cuddly all of a sudden< Very, very cute stuff Fig!
The second bit is adorable too...but maybe Kermit needs to rethink two beds...after all, his darling pregnant, mood-swing prone bride might just kick him out into the couch some nights. The line about not wanting to know the personal details of their marriage was hilarious. :wink:
I wish I could get to more of a review than that but I've had one heck of a night...which I'll tell you about when I'm not still dozing off...catch you later...
-Wiggie

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------
I liked it -- but kept wondering when everyone was going to break into a song about rain!

Ru as the new teach on SS? Love it. I just hope Grover's not in her class, he'd get all encrushed and try to clean the (cough) erasers (cough cough cough) right in the middle of class (hack, ugh) to be oh so very cute and helpful...

I'm glad that Kermit and Piggy seem to be making the rounds of their extended family; it definitely should emphasize to Piggy that literally hundreds of wonderful people will joyfully welcome the new addition, whatever it or they turn out to be! You can't ask for better family than that. (Has sudden impression of Kermit asking Unca Newsie to babysit...yeeek!) :concern: I don't think Piggy would ALLOW Unca Gonzo to watch the little tyke, though...not until he or she is old enough to buy their own health insurance!

I'd love it if you'd go a little more in depth with these reunions. Showing more than hellos would be fun, and give you more opportunity to play with the characters. What say we get some playtime next chapter, Figgie please? :smile:

My only gripe: absolutely no one spells out things like "hugged slash backslapped". You might consider, instead, something like "gave him a strong hug with a slap on his froggy back" or the like. It just looks strange and detracts from the otherwise good flow of this installment.

Keep going! :smile:
-----------------------------

We Got Us

Reaction score
(Has sudden impression of Kermit asking Unca Newsie to babysit...yeeek!) :concern:
<- That right there, that is a great idea.

....in fact, that should be a story.

....scratch it, that WILL be a story someday. I'm adding it to my one-shots gallery right now. You've doomed you namesake, Newsie dear, and I'm giving you ALL the blame. :wink::shifty:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
:news:
---------------------
I liked it -- but kept wondering when everyone was going to break into a song about rain!

Ru as the new teach on SS? Love it. I just hope Grover's not in her class, he'd get all encrushed and try to clean the (cough) erasers (cough cough cough) right in the middle of class (hack, ugh) to be oh so very cute and helpful...

I'm glad that Kermit and Piggy seem to be making the rounds of their extended family; it definitely should emphasize to Piggy that literally hundreds of wonderful people will joyfully welcome the new addition, whatever it or they turn out to be! You can't ask for better family than that. (Has sudden impression of Kermit asking Unca Newsie to babysit...yeeek!) :concern: I don't think Piggy would ALLOW Unca Gonzo to watch the little tyke, though...not until he or she is old enough to buy their own health insurance!
Haha! Yes, sesame Street felt like the only way to go! Felt! Get it? Ah waka, waka, waka!...Never mind. I think I'll leave the babysitting story to Wiggie, she would be able to write it better than me!
I'd love it if you'd go a little more in depth with these reunions. Showing more than hellos would be fun, and give you more opportunity to play with the characters. What say we get some playtime next chapter, Figgie please? :smile:
Will do, Skipper! *Salutes* I am thinking of adding the muppeteers into the story. Possibly a visit by Kevin Clash.:laugh:
My only gripe: absolutely no one spells out things like "hugged slash backslapped". You might consider, instead, something like "gave him a strong hug with a slap on his froggy back" or the like. It just looks strange and detracts from the otherwise good flow of this installment.
That makes a lot more sense than what I put, thanks for the suggestion!
Keep going! :smile:
-----------------------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Just as a heads up, I am working on my research paper so I will only be on here for a few minutes at most, but I should have more up by either Friday or Thursday. After that, it's all smooth sailing.:embarrassed: I'm really sorry for the inconvnience!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I would love to teach English on Sesame Street! How fun that was!

Two comments, and then I, too, will be ensnared in my classwork:

1. I am glad to see Kermit back on The Street. One of the saddest things for me about breaking up the Henson companies was that Kermit basically got "fired" from Sesame Street. (Wrote a little story about that once, but did not post.) I imagine he stood up for the rights of everybody else to own their own properties, even if it cost him the most.

2. Two of my favorite "separate beds" stories:
A man and his wife had very different sleep patterns and solved their sleep problem by having separate beds. They solved their other problem this way: "Each night," the man explained to his friend who was teasing him, "I wear my hat to bed. If I'm interested in company, I toss her my hat."
"How does that help?" his friend asked.
"Well, some nights she throws it back. Some nights she brings it back!"

A favorite wedding gift I like to give: two small matching votive candles, once for each nightstand. Anyone who's interested in company just lights their own candle. If you walk back into the bedroom from brushing your teeth and see two burning candles....

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I would love to teach English on Sesame Street! How fun that was!

Two comments, and then I, too, will be ensnared in my classwork:

1. I am glad to see Kermit back on The Street. One of the saddest things for me about breaking up the Henson companies was that Kermit basically got "fired" from Sesame Street. (Wrote a little story about that once, but did not post.) I imagine he stood up for the rights of everybody else to own their own properties, even if it cost him the most.

2. Two of my favorite "separate beds" stories:
A man and his wife had very different sleep patterns and solved their sleep problem by having separate beds. They solved their other problem this way: "Each night," the man explained to his friend who was teasing him, "I wear my hat to bed. If I'm interested in company, I toss her my hat."
"How does that help?" his friend asked.
"Well, some nights she throws it back. Some nights she brings it back!"

A favorite wedding gift I like to give: two small matching votive candles, once for each nightstand. Anyone who's interested in company just lights their own candle. If you walk back into the bedroom from brushing your teeth and see two burning candles....
Thanks Ru! You just sounded like the kind of person to do that sorta thing! Besides, I can tell you love to teach!:wink: As for the seperate beds thing, I may have to read it a couple of times, but it will click for me at some point....Ooooooh! I get it!! Ah, I may have to use that when and if my siblings over twenty ever get married! That's too funny Ru! I too am sad that Kermit got cancelled from The Street. I was hoping he would make a few appearences, but no bologna. Anyhoo. *Runs off to finish rough draft fo paper* Only 1 1/2 pages to go!!:shifty:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Chapter 10: A Friend in need, is a Friend Indeed

Fozzie tucked his legs closer, trying to maintain some needed warmth as the speeding cargo train sped through the damp fields. Occasionally, water droplets would free themselves from the side door and spray Fozzie with water.
"And I thought fur was supposed to keep you warm." Fozzie sighed to himself. He was tired, cold, and hungry. But most of all, he really missed his friends. Wringing out his neck tie, Fozzie leaned against the wall of the train.
"I wonder how everyone's doing." He yawned, eyes already half closed.
"Why not just call 'em?" A voice said suddenly. Bewildered and fully awake, Fozzie sat up.
"Wh-who's there?" He whimpered. His eyes wandered around the dimly lit cargo hold, not seeing any hide or hair belonging to the voice.
"Oi! I'm over here!" The voice said, close to Fozzie's left ear. Looking down he found a simple brown house spider.
"Eaaaaaaah! Kermiiiiit!" Fozzie wailed, snatching his hand away. The house spider merely shook its head.
"No, I'm not Kermit. My names Ms. Widow." She held out a slim leg to shake. Hesitating for a moment, Fozzie offered his finger.
"Fozzie Bear. How do you do, ma'am." He said shakily.
"Pleased to meet you. I'm fine but by the looks of it you're quite the opposite." Ms. Widow smiled, revealing pearly white fangs. Resisting the urge to faint, Fozzie nodded.
"Well, why don't you come over to my web and have a spot of tea. It always helps me when I feel blue." She led Fozzie towards the back of the train where boxes and crates shielded both from the wind and rain. Nestled between two crates and the wall was the most beautifully intricate wed Fozzie had ever seen.
"Wow! Did you make that?" He breathed, transfixed by its design.
"Well of course I did, dear! You don't see any other spiders around here do you." She quipped teasingly. Fozzie blushed, stuttering slightly.
"Well, what I mean is, uh, I-I mean. I didn't mean to be disrespectful." He said, staring at his paws. Ms. Spider drew a small kettle and tea set from one of the small crates.
"I know what you mean dear." She said softly. "Most people think all spiders are blood sucking pests that like to kill for sport. They only see the survival part of our world, not the beauty." She said saddly, continuing to make tea.
"Wha-? N-no! I think all spiders are great! I mean, we can't leave all the fly catching to frogs!" Fozzie put his head in his furry paws. "I'm sorry, I'm not very good with words... Or jokes." He whispered. He was so caught up in his misery that it took him a moment to figure out who was laughing. Rolling on the floor with her feet clutching her abdomen, was Ms. Widow. The sight was shocking and unbelievable that Fozzie actually started to laugh with her. Wiping her six eyes, Ms. Widow giggled again.
"Oh thank you, Fozzie! You are sweet and funny! Oh, I haven't laughed like this in a long time!" She gasped. Fozzie smiled so big, he felt his face might tear.
"Y-you really think so?" He said hopefully, unsure of whether to believe her words. Ms. Widow smiled genuinely and nodded. "You must make a lot of people happy!" She gushed, sitting cross legged, which is very hard for a spider to do, and stirred the tea some more.
"When I was a little spidling, I wanted to sing and dance and to make the world happy. Possibly a bit brighter." She smiled softly, not realizing there were tears in her eyes. "The only thing about dreaming, is that you always have to wake up." She poured the tea into two separate teacups that were no larger that a thumb nail.
"Er, you don't put flies or beetles in this, right?" Fozzie asked wearily.
"Why? Do you know a good recipe?" Widow replied straight faced. Soon both were giggling again, feeling much warmer than before.
Review please!:embarrassed: