headwarmer sketch

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the sketch where Telly sold (or attempted to sell) Kermit a headwarmer, was Telly performed by Brian Muehl or Martin Robinson? I thought I'd read somewhere (maybe Boober Gorg's tape trading website... though I don't participate in trades, I do look at these kinds of websites) that the sketch was from around 1982 or 1983 (of course, if it was at Boober Gorg's website then it was most likely a guess, but if listed before 1984 I'd assume a guess based on how Telly sounded), but at Muppet Wiki the earleist known appearance was in an epsidoe from after Martin Robinson took over (and I've read that sketches with Brian Muehl as Telly were stil shown regularly until around 1987).

Also, what does the headwarmer look like? I don't know if suhc a thing exists in real life, but I did a search for "headwarmer" (and also "Head warmer") at Wikipedia and didn't get any results. The picture of this sketcha t Muppet Wiki doens't show what the headwarmer looks like, just a still of Kermit looking at Telly standing at the door.