Heated Workshop

Show and Tell

Reaction score
How do you that have workshops heat them in the winter so as to still vent the fumes of contact cement out of harms way?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
How do you that have workshops heat them in the winter so as to still vent the fumes of contact cement out of harms way?
if you are lucky you have a walkin vent room, with a fan going out sidesealed off from the rest of the heated room., if you arnt you try to limit your gluing to a one peroid at a time when all your piecse are ready to go, and then glue with you vent fan blowing for just as long as you need it to.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Considering that the fumes are very flamable do I need to have a fan with the motor off to the side so as not to blow up my workshop?:embarrassed:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
really not sure what u mean thier dude,i suggest you do some reasearch on spay rooms, and vent hoods, . as far a s the flamable aspect , its like the same amount of flamability that spary paint has, its really more about the fumes being bad to breath in

shtick

Reaction score
Make yourself a little spray booth with a cardboard box near the window and a powerful fan sucking all the air outside. Do all your gluing there.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Actually thats what I have. There is a section of wall in the back of my shop that has a spray booth venting outside but it sucks all the hot air out with the fumes. It's really hard to glue in the cold. :cry: I'm freezing my nose off here!:embarrassed: