HEH! Work It's been Canceled!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Two things.

Apparently, NO one like Mulheny, and it's episode count was reduced. Not cancelled, but it doesn't look good (hopefully they can get Bobs on that slot when the episodes run out), Utopia is shoved off to Fridays, but still replaced with another reality show... but a Gordon Ramsey based one, so it's a step in a better direction.
BB is the only Fox animated show I'm genuinely worried about, so this is nice to know. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I know is the show has been renewed up to this season. It has enough of a large cult fanbase, and the comics are doing quite well. I'd say the best shot is for it to pull an American Dad and leave Fox for Cartoon Network, where it seems to be doing better and in better company anyway.

That said, there's no worrying about Simpsons or Family Guy. They're too big of mainstays to go anywhere. I'm more worried about how Brooklyn 99 and it's odd, ill fitting Sunday Line up. I still don't see why Fox needs reality shows/competitions on the Tuesday schedule when both Brooklyn and Mulheny would have fit perfectly there. Yet another cooking competition. Really.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
All I know is the show has been renewed up to this season. It has enough of a large cult fanbase, and the comics are doing quite well. I'd say the best shot is for it to pull an American Dad and leave Fox for Cartoon Network, where it seems to be doing better and in better company anyway.

That said, there's no worrying about Simpsons or Family Guy. They're too big of mainstays to go anywhere. I'm more worried about how Brooklyn 99 and it's odd, ill fitting Sunday Line up. I still don't see why Fox needs reality shows/competitions on the Tuesday schedule when both Brooklyn and Mulheny would have fit perfectly there. Yet another cooking competition. Really.
I really wish it was The Simpsons or Family Guy that was in danger of getting cancelled, are those shows ever going to go into the cancellation bear's stomach?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of The Simpsons, but I'd kind of like to see it go on for as long as it can. That and American's Funniest Home Videos are the only prime-time TV shows that debuted before I was born (I'm not counting 60 Minutes, it wasn't always in prime-time), and I'd much rather see The Simpsons beat out AFV in that race.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't mind the Simpsons being on forever, much like Sesame Street or Saturday Night Live. Family Guy... ehhh.. I still like and watch the show, but I agree with Seth who wanted to actually stop the series a while ago. Then again, since no one went to see "A Million Ways to Die in the West," (and a darn shame too, because it was pretty good. Not quite Ted, but still miles ahead of his show), I doubt that he'll see much of a film career after Ted 2 (unless that;s successful... then and only then Ted 3).

Bob's I wouldn't say was destined to have much of a shelf life, but if Fox decides to cancel it because of its poor time slot, the show should be renewed for adult swim, where it's better off anyway.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
And now Bad Judge and A To Z bite the dust. So three of this year's sitcom class has already been canned and it's just now November 1st. Blackish might be the only survivor of the bunch.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
And now Bad Judge and A To Z bite the dust. So three of this year's sitcom class has already been canned and it's just now November 1st. Blackish might be the only survivor of the bunch.
Black ish deserves a renewal, it just keeps getting better, especially the episode with the nod, it's sad that there are so few african american sitcoms anymore. I do bet that Black ish will be the only sitcom to get renewed, not much else has caught my eye this year, really deserves the praise it is getting.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Bob's I wouldn't say was destined to have much of a shelf life, but if Fox decides to cancel it because of its poor time slot, the show should be renewed for adult swim, where it's better off anyway.
TBS and FX are ideal choices, as well. Heck, the latter could use another animated series starring H. Jon Benjamin. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really didn't see either going anywhere, frankly. It's NBC. Somehow, no one watches them anymore, but they care enough to cancel things. Parks and Rec has a cult audience, meaning people actually watch it. That's essentially all they got as far as comedy goes. A to Z looked crummy anyway. Another lame romantic sitcom.

But, hey. Glad to know Americans are still falling for "Let's make fun of fat people and disguise it as inspirational." Something that truly awful needs to be preserved for all time.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
But, hey. Glad to know Americans are still falling for "Let's make fun of fat people and disguise it as inspirational." Something that truly awful needs to be preserved for all time.
I have no idea about this actually being based on fact, but I feel like contestants on that show probably gain a lot of weight back after they leave the show. You're essentially on a crash diet, with highly specialized and intense workouts a lot of the time. I doubt it gives you the skills needed to manage your weight when you're back in the real world and have to balance things with jobs and shopping for your own food.