"Hello Hello Hello Song" vs "Big Hello"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Time for another of my "vs" threads! Which song do you prefer, "The Hello Hello Hello Song" or "Big Hello 1-20"? Both songs are sung by Big Bird and the cast on Sesame Street, both are from season 12, and both are about saying hello. And both songs are very catchy as well.

I prefer the "Big Hello" song. That one features the entire season 12 human cast (except Buffy) as well as some rare Muppet characters (Deena, Poco Loco), and I think the lyrics are a little bit better. "The Hello Hello Hello Song" has a lot less characters involved.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think the former has a catchier tune.

cjd874

Reaction score
do you have the video for the "Big Hello" song? I've seen the other one because I own the 40 Years of Sunny Days DVD. But I've never heard of the "Big Hello" song...I wonder if Mr. Macintosh or Willy the hot dog man appear...do Jerry's Muppets (Count von Count, Herry, Mumford) make appearances? Or maybe Brian Muehl's and Michael Earl's characters?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
do you have the video for the "Big Hello" song? I've seen the other one because I own the 40 Years of Sunny Days DVD. But I've never heard of the "Big Hello" song...
It's on Old School Volume 3. It's one of the season 12 classic cuts.

cjd874 said:
I wonder if Mr. Macintosh or Willy the hot dog man appear...
Yes, they do.

cjd874 said:
do Jerry's Muppets (Count von Count, Herry, Mumford) make appearances?
No. Unless you count Poco Loco, who was originated by Jerry but by season 12 had been taken over by Michael Earl.

cjd874 said:
Or maybe Brian Muehl's and Michael Earl's characters?
Brian Muehl's Barkley and Michael Earl's Poco Loco are in it.

cjd874

Reaction score
It's on Old School Volume 3. It's one of the season 12 classic cuts.

Yes, they do.

No. Unless you count Poco Loco, who was originated by Jerry but by season 12 had been taken over by Michael Earl.

Brian Muehl's Barkley and Michael Earl's Poco Loco are in it.
Thank you minormuppetz! All the more reason for me to buy it (or have my parents buy it)!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
While I do like both of those songs, I personally prefer "Big Hello 1-20" because I enjoyed the structure, and I enjoy those rare street scenes, especially where we have as many of the cast members as possible. This particular song is no exception!