Help Making a Marionette Airplane Scaffold

tobychew

Reaction score
Hello just signed up today and actually have a question how would I go about finding out how to make a marionette, and a marionette airplane scaffold i've tried googling it but nothing comes up on how to make them except for marionette's.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hello just signed up today and actually have a question how would I go about finding out how to make a marionette, and a marionette airplane scaffold i've tried googling it but nothing comes up on how to make them except for marionette's.
Hello, Tobychew. I believe these videos on Marionette making would help you.
I hope you have fun at Muppet Central Forum. :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Very few puppeteers perform with marionette scaffolding because they are difficult and expensive to transport, the only ones I have seen were in permanent or semi-permanent theatres. Would construction scaffolding - which is usually available to buy or rent at Home Depot - work?

You might want to try asking this question on the Puptcrit Mailing List. Several longtime members on the list have decades of experience with marionettes and could probably provide some very good information.

You can get info on how to join here, then once you are subscribed send a message to list introducing yourself and provide as much detail as possible about what you are trying to do and what specifically you would like to know.

You also might want to try going to your local library and looking for old puppetry books. A lot of the older books about marionettes that are out of print have lots of good information.