Help Making a Walter Replica

joesje

Reaction score
Hello all muppetfans,i want to make a replica from Walter,i love the character,only there are some problems.What color is his skin what's his size,the color for his hair and what is the pattern.
I know i can do it,but this are my questions after along googlesession i'll came here.
Please let me know of there is someone that has experience with this great muppet character.
I'll have some patterns from project puppet,but is that enough?let me know!

Kindest regards,
Joesje from Holland:big_grin:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I would suggest you buy a Walter plush, cut him open and take out his stuffing and you will have a puppet.May not be an exact replica, but pretty close.

joesje

Reaction score
I want to made it myself,because i can make puppets.that's why i ask.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Hi there, joesje!

I've made a number of puppets using Project Puppet patterns and yes, those are very simple but professional patterns that are a great start for a Walter puppet. (Walter is pretty simple in design himself.) I think that the Roly Puppet Pattern on the Project Puppet site might be a great start for you.

As far as fleece goes, since this is your first puppet you should totally just buy some cheap polar fleece. You'll get pretty nice results from it and not waste money on expensive materials. In getting the right color, I suggest taking a color picture of Walter to a local fabric store and holding it up to the different colors they have available! His skin is a tan/light malted brown that should have some close matches for you to get. His hair looks like it's made of some long fur.

His eyes are almond-shaped, so I suggest getting toy plastic eggs that you can cut in half and then make those shapes smaller with scissors or an Xacto knife.

As far as size goes, the size supplied by the Roly puppet pattern should be pretty nice, but you can scale down or upsize the pattern on the computer if your hand is really small (like mine) or really big :smile:

I hope I helped! I've thought of making a Walter replica myself... :fanatic: He's a cutie

joesje

Reaction score
Thanks for the help,i'm almost done with my roly puppet,I think walter is a combi of two patterns,mostly Kermit body!Nice pics :laugh:

WillyThePig

Reaction score
Okay so there is a pattern I saw somewhere on google images (1960s muppet pattern is probably my best guess) the foam head pattern on there is almost exactly like Walters if you shorten the neck a little. The mouth is made of gasket rubber. His head from the looks of it is just a little bit bigger than the average human hand. I hope this helps a little.

joesje

Reaction score
Where can i download this pattern?Thanks!

joesje

Reaction score
Are there maby other patterns of this?or has someone experience to making the Walter replica?i 'will make it myself.