1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Help Making Bert and Ernie Puppet Noses

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by The moog, Jun 5, 2012.

1. The moog

The moog New Member

Hi folks,

I'm new on the board and am just working on my first puppet. I'm doing ok but could use a little advice on getting a really professional 'Bert' (bert & ernie) style nose made.

Who nose how to do that... (sorry - kinda had to ;) )

Cheers,

Moog
  2. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Active Member

Do a search for "Puppet Noses" in this forum- look and you shall find :)
  3. The moog

The moog New Member

I did a quick search before posting, but couldn't find anything specific. Guess I'll did down deeper.

Thanks
  4. The moog

The moog New Member

And strangely, a search today throws up good results... Must have been having a bad search day :)
  5. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Active Member

6. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

7. Coz UK

Coz UK New Member

Hi! Hope that pattern worked out for ya! Love to see pics!
    The back piece can be made of stretchy fabric (i.e. fleece) and without the slit if you henson or ladder stitch it closed after stuffing.
    BTW, I blew up the pattern and cut them out of 1/2 inch upholstry foam and contact glued the seams. Worked like a charm with a bit of fibrefil stuffing.
    Is about 4 1/2 inches from top point to bottom. Handy to know for extra-large shnozzes. ;)
    C.
  8. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

Here is my Bert--He isn't finished yet but you can see how I did the nose. It is a little more round than the real Bert's nose, but I almost like mine better![​IMG]
  9. kumakami

kumakami Member

I look a that pic, and I hear him talking in my head. amazing job!
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

This isn't really productive, but I had a field day reading this thread title...at first I misread it as "Help Making Bert and Ernie Puppet Notes" and then "Help Making Bert and Ernie Puppet Noises"...
  11. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

Thanks KumaKami! I think he will be my final replica. I am starting my own show and it is original characters from here on out....at least for a while:(
  12. kumakami

kumakami Member

funny enough as much as love the replica's I'm more of a orginals person...I've never tryed a replica and not sure if I ever will. that being said it takes real talent to recreate known characters as, anyone can tell when your off/wrong. it looks amazing and I hope to see some of your own creations.
  13. scandell

scandell Member

These 3/4 egg shapes are PERFECT for bert/fozzie noses:

http://www.smoothfoam.com
    10104 (Item# 218-12) Smoothfoam 1 3/4" L x 1 3/8" W x 2 1/2" H Panorama Egg - 12 pack - Good Alternative
  14. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

Thank you so much. I have one original known as Hector (the name may change upon completion.) I can't decide if he should have a mustache and hair (picture 2) or bald with no mustache (picture 1). I am open to suggestion. I have yet to permanently attach his features, but anyway, here is a pic:
    [​IMG][​IMG]