Help Making Bert and Ernie Puppet Noses

The moog

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm new on the board and am just working on my first puppet. I'm doing ok but could use a little advice on getting a really professional 'Bert' (bert & ernie) style nose made.

Who nose how to do that... (sorry - kinda had to :wink: )

Cheers,

Moog

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Do a search for "Puppet Noses" in this forum- look and you shall find :smile:

The moog

Reaction score
I did a quick search before posting, but couldn't find anything specific. Guess I'll did down deeper.

Thanks

The moog

Reaction score
And strangely, a search today throws up good results... Must have been having a bad search day :smile:

Coz UK

Reaction score
Hi! Hope that pattern worked out for ya! Love to see pics!
The back piece can be made of stretchy fabric (i.e. fleece) and without the slit if you henson or ladder stitch it closed after stuffing.
BTW, I blew up the pattern and cut them out of 1/2 inch upholstry foam and contact glued the seams. Worked like a charm with a bit of fibrefil stuffing.
Is about 4 1/2 inches from top point to bottom. Handy to know for extra-large shnozzes. :wink:
C.

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Here is my Bert--He isn't finished yet but you can see how I did the nose. It is a little more round than the real Bert's nose, but I almost like mine better!

kumakami

Reaction score
I look a that pic, and I hear him talking in my head. amazing job!

Hubert

Reaction score
This isn't really productive, but I had a field day reading this thread title...at first I misread it as "Help Making Bert and Ernie Puppet Notes" and then "Help Making Bert and Ernie Puppet Noises"...