Help Me Please

• Thread starter furryredmonster
  • Start date
F

furryredmonster

I want to write a story about the muppets for awhile now... I just can not think of anything for it to be about :sympathy: How do you guys get the ideas for yours? Does it take awhile to think of them? Please help me!

Thanks,
FRM

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Take your favorite Muppet character and put them in a situation that's totally unfamiliar to them. That's why I try to do in my cartoons, at least. It's always been a good idea generator for me.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well furryred...Truth is it does take me awhile to think up a new idea for a story. But once I get one I just start writing straight onto MC and develop the idea from there. But I think others have better methods...:stick_out_tongue:

F

furryredmonster

Ive been thinking bout' it forever and still cant think of anything. I mean, I want to write something about Elmo or something. I can write a report, or story for class easily. It is whatever it will be about that takes me forever to think about :frown:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
How to think of story ideas... Gee, that's a tough one. For me, it depends. Sometimes about twenty stories just sort of appear in my brain all at once, and it takes a while to get them all down. But sometimes, I can't think of something, and I... okay, this is going to sound crazy, but considering it's from me, that's not surprising... I put my hand up in the air like I'm a Muppeteer. Now of course I don't actually have a Muppet on my arm, but if I just sit with my arm in the air for a little while... I can sort of feel a character there, and then the character starts talking, and then another character answers, and before I know it, there's a story to write! ...See I told you it's crazy... Anyway, the trick is to figure out what works for you. When all else fails, just start asking random questions about your favorite characters, and then try to answer them with a story.

F

furryredmonster

LOL together again.

I just tried your idea but it has failed....

I can think of some ideas but they really sound like that 5 year olds would like to read them... :frown: Maybe that is my future... writing for a younger audience.

F

furryredmonster

baba said:
You could do something like Elmo goes back in time.

Baba,
But I dont know much about the past lol. I really cant think of anything :frown:

F

furryredmonster

Hmmm... I think I got an idea this time. I was sitting in my car while my mom ran into the store and I thought of something... I dont know what will turn out of it though.

What do you think of my idea? How about a part two of elmo in grouchland?

Smiles

Reaction score
Just start thinking about whatever crazy idea comes into your head or a dream or something. It doesn't even have to be about muppets at first, then just think what it would be like WITH muppets.

When I write stories, even for school or anything, I get several ideas and try and try and figure out how I can fit all of this crazy stuff into one story.