1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

HELP!!! Need name of character...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by gonzoid, Jun 28, 2002.

1. gonzoid

gonzoid New Member

What was the name of the long haired band member? I believe she played sax...

Thanks!!!:D

2. gonzoid

gonzoid New Member

Opppsss....

Not sax... Zoot plays sax...

Did she play bass?:confused:

3. Hi gonzoid, welcome to the MC forum! :)

I believe the member of "The Electric Mayhem" you are referrin' to is...*drum roll*:

Janice

She was the only "she" of the band, had long blonde hair, and she played lead guitar (that's her in my li'l avatar pic to the side). Zoot was a "he" who played saxophone, but he had short blue hair and wore a hat.

If you'd like to see more stuff on Janice, feel free to visit my sorta "shrine" to her (lol), "Janice: Fer Sure!". Maybe you might find some more answers to more info about her:

www.dreamwater.net/byron/janice.html

Hope I've helped ya. :)

4. matleo

matleo Active Member

hey gonzoid. Welcome. Janice played rhythm guitar. the sax player is named Zoot and can be seen at left in my avatar.

--Matt

5. But Lips and Clifford don't really count. :p

*charter member supporter*

6. gonzoid

gonzoid New Member

Ohhhh THANK YOU!!!

She is the coolest muppet 'grrl' there is...

But then again...

But thanks all... Actually I dated a Janice in Highschool... Not nearly as cool, unfortunately...

Thanks again!!!

7. Re: Ohhhh THANK YOU!!!

Yep, she is... :)

Well...

tied with Mokey, anyway... :D lol

8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here here!!! How come Janice is only in non-speaking roles now? I know they can't find someone to continue her role, but can't Matt Vogel go it? A line, a grunt, something. Oh Janice, we miss you're "Really" and "Fur Su-u-ures!"

9. *WILDLY WAVES HANDS*

It would be my DREAM job to take over Janice!! I'm more than willin' to use my Janice voice and achey-achey my arm to bring her back to speakin', movin' life!!

"Ya hear that, Henson?! The boy is volun*teer*in'!"

(only true Muppet fans could get the parody in that line)

10. Drtooth

I'd like to volenteer for Link Hogthrob, cause he's the only one I sound like. My impression of Janice is TERRIBLE!!!

11. LOL! Hey, at least you can do 1 Muppet, then! :)

12. Drtooth

But really (or Rully if you perfer), I think it's cool that there's an entire shrine to Janice. The Electric Mayheim are my favorite fictional band of all time. The chipmunks come in second, the monkees come in third!

As for me, I'd do a Pigs in Space shrine if I had a web page. Unfortunately I don't...ugh!!!!

13. radionate

radionate New Member

N'Sync is my favorite fictional band....

14. Who you callin' "fictional", Moose Boy? My Janice is real, *maaan!*

:mad:

15. Drtooth

Sorry! Didn't mean to offend you. Everyone knows that the real fictional bands are N' Stync, and Bleakstreat Boys!

Janice kicks heiny!!!!

16. LOL! Apology accepted, and yes, she quite does! :D