Help Needed with Sesame Street Characters

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I have a few quick questions about some SS characters and I was wondering if anybody could help me out.
1 What's the name of the female character who owns the Furry Arms Hotel, the woman who Humphrey and Ingrid work for.
2 What's the name of the actress or singer who performed the song "How I Miss my X"?
3 Since Savion's name is written with an s, I find myself in a small predicament. Are there no characters in the three main Muppet franchises, SS, TMS, or FR, whose name starts with the letter X? I believe TravellingMatt mentioned a human character named Xavier, but I have no knowledge as to who this person could be. Any additional information on this, or other characters whose name begins with X will be most appreciated.

Thunder clashing and Lightning flashing, the Count.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
The Muppet who runs the FUrry Arms is Sherry Netherland. Xavier actually was a Muppet. He was a small, pink Anything Muppet with brown hair and was voiced by Frank Oz. He only appeared (by that name) in the "Alphabet on the Street" segment.

ssetta

Reaction score
The woman who sang "How I Miss My X" was Patti LaBelle. She also appeared on the show much later and did a "Gospel Alphabet."

Ernie101

Reaction score
Well you see it goes back to an old eanglish sayinh

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who posted their responses. BTW: Ernie101, what's the English saying you're referring to? Well, let's see if anyone can answer this second round of quick questions.
1 What are the names of the individual members of Chris and the Alphabeats and how can each member be differentiated from the other? Also, why is Chris referred to as Chrissy?
2 What are the names of the individual members of Little Jerry and the Monotones and how can each member be differentiated from the other?
3 What are the names of the individual members of the Rhymies and how can each member be differentiated from the other?
That's all for now, and I appreciate all the responses that everyone sends my way.
PS: TravellingMatt, do you have a picture of Xavier and the other muppets that appeared in the "Alphabet on the Street" segment and could you send me those pics? Thanks for your help with my research.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
I don't know the individual names of Chrissy and the Alphabeats, but there were three of them: Chrissy himself (the squat blue Anything Muppet with wild, blonde hair, beady black eyes, and John Lennon glasses), a pink Anything Muppet with a pompadour hairstyle and a green Anything Muppet, also with a pompadour.

Little Jerry and the Monotones...Little Jerry was the lead singer, he was a green Anything Muppet (same one used for Sherlock Hemlock, Lefty, Farley, Baby Bree Bop A Doo, and a few others) with wild orange hair and a wardrobe that rivalled Dr. Teeth's. He was, not surprisingly, performed by Jerry Nelson. Rockin' Richard was another group member, he was performed by Richard Hunt (when he was just starting out with Henson) and I think he was the tall orange Anything Muppet, also in hippie garb. Big Jeffy was the bass singer and was voiced by Jeff Moss (I believe). He was the squat blue Anything Muppet, had a thick brown beard and wore a top hat and more hippie clothes. There was a fourth Monotone, he was a lavender Anything Muppet, but I don't know his name or who voiced him.

Hope that helps!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Once again, thanks to everybody who posted; but special thanks go out to TravellingMatt who sends in descriptions of the characters along with their names, which is what I really need to finish off my Muppet research. These two questions pertain to Round 2, and once they've been answered we can proceed to Round 3! You know, I believe that the confusion about Chris's name can be solved. The leader of the Alphabeats is Chris, whereas the lavender Anything Muppet member of the Monotones is Little Chrissy. In the double record album The Count Presents, there's a song titled "Four" which is sung by Little Jerry. In this songg, he introduces all four members of the Monotones including himself and as I recall the last member is either Chrissy or Little Chrissy. TravellingMatt, or anybody else, care to back me up?
a. Would you guys count the members of both The Monotones and The Rhymies as individual characters or would they be counted as a group, since after all, they are part of an established performing act.
b. Would you guys count the following as characters that should be included in the database:
Detective Dee
Darlene
Dan Deloop
Firefighter Jackson
Taxi Driver McGillicuddy
Dr. Livingstone.

Jackie

Reaction score
Rock rock rock rock rock, the telephone rock!

I love Little Jerry! :smile:

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
I don't know about Little Chrissy or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if Christopher Cerf voiced another "rock star" Muppet. As for the Rhymies, they were Larry, Mary, and Barry. Larry and Mary liked to have fun all the time while Barry pretty much played the Boober Fraggle role. Larry sounded like he may have been voiced by Frank Oz, and was a lavender Anything Muppet. Barry was the squat blue Anything Muppet and it sounded like Jim Henson or possibly Martin Robinson voiced him. Mary was probably voiced by Fran Brill, and I forget what color Anything Muppet she was. They would do their ENTIRE SKITS in rhyme, and there were two of them: a sea trip and a camping trip (which ended with them getting chased off by a bear). I'd count the Rhymies and Little Jerry and the Monotones as individual characters, but since there's no real names for the other Alphabeats besides Chrissy, I'd just include them together.

Joggy

Reaction score
I thought Larry was Richard Hunt, Mary was Jerry Nelson and Barry was Jim Henson.