Help-quickly please! re: Sigma Swedish Chef

lauribabe

Reaction score
Hi there-I am new to the website, and am looking for a quick answer to this question if anyone knows-What should I pay for a very good quality Swedish Chef domed cheese plate? I have an opportunity to pick one up, but have no clue what the value is.
Also-is there a definitive source for all of the Sigma item pricing? I am interested, but love it so much I would be really desperate for cash to sell it-my foloks garage sale'd all of my stuff when I was a kid, and I want it back, so that's my new mission-anyway-I'm running out of time for the item, so HELP!!!!!

Whatever

Reaction score
I think those run very expensive on ebay

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
If you are watching the Swedish Chef cheese plate currently on e-bay it is currently at $42 with about two hours left. I have seen these go for anywhere between $75-$150 so it might be a good deal. Although you usually get some snipers at the last minute and the price could jump dramatically.

Good luck!

lauribabe

Reaction score
thank you

Thank you to both of you ffor your guidance. I think that "sniper" is a perfect term for the last minute people. I am also new to ebay, and I was shocked last week. I was so excited that I bid on a Gonzo sugar bowl-also by Sigma-and noone else bid on it all day long. I kept checking in on it as if it were my child or something. Then-POOF-less than one minute to go, and someone else bid 50 cents more and "stole" it from me! I must say-I was very offended! I guess that I learned the hard and painful way just how ebay operates. Is it people who are reselling who behave in this unfair way? Is it truly unfair? It sure felt that way. The person who "sniped" me was a power seller with like a thousand sales in parentheses. Oh well-enough of my sobs...Thanks for your help, and I think I should just hang out in here where there are no guns pointed at your head-just friendly muppet-lovers like me!-Lauribabe. :smile:

jah742

Reaction score
apparently, there is a site called e-snipe. my buddy collects old volkswagons(you thought muppets were spendy) he told me about it. i guess it is for when you juust have to have something rare you see. i have never found myself in this situation. but he said you give them the ebay item number, and, for a fee, they will watch the auction, and at litterally the last second, put in a bid for you. kind of-wait-definatley shady operations.

gipsey muppet

Reaction score
i snipe :embarrassed: yes i wait till the last minute to bid :wink: why you ask ? because it keeps the crazy bidding war from happening. i bid recently on a vehicle i wanted on ebay i bid early someone else had time to think about it and raised the bid. this happened for 5 days running and the item went for more than it's actual value :concern: because we both wanted it very badly. now i decide what the value is to me on an item and bid it at the last minute, no bidding wars no overpriced wins and no bidding with the heart rather than the head. some times i win sometimes i lose but i never pay more than the value to me. we won the auction on the electric mayhem bus by bidding during the last few seconds, however we were the only bidders so that wouldn't count as sniping would it ! roger

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its good when an item goes to a collector, people who see items at a cheap price with in mind to sell it annoying. We had a big market stall last week and before we even unloaded the car to start selling people we coming up and trying to get stuff for a real bargain price, it was very overwhelming and we ended up letting them have things to get them away. I then found that the people buying the stuff bought it to put on their own stalls at a higher price.

lauribabe

Reaction score
snipes

I see how this can be a fair thing-I guess I was just feeling a bit bitter about getting beaten out-I guess that if someone has the cash, and wants the item, then it should be theirs! I just am too sentimental-I'd make a horrifyingly terrible businesswoman! Too much :flirt:

Camellia

Reaction score
don't feel bad! :smile:

lauribabe said:
I see how this can be a fair thing-I guess I was just feeling a bit bitter about getting beaten out-I guess that if someone has the cash, and wants the item, then it should be theirs! I just am too sentimental-I'd make a horrifyingly terrible businesswoman! Too much :flirt:

hi, don't feel bad. just follow the advice of some of the people who already posted, and bid what you want to. preferably in the last 3 to 5 minutes of the auction, if you can. otherwise, keep looking for the item. ask lots of questions to be sure it is in excellent condition, and packaged well for shipping. and ask about shipping costs. I always ask for double boxing for ceramic items, and pay for insurance.

good luck!
camellia