1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Help Save British Fraggle Rock Episodes

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by charlietheowl, Oct 6, 2012.

1. johnpeters999

johnpeters999 Member

2. anathema

anathema Active Member

Matters are in hand - please do not contact the Warners :)

Phillip likes this.
  3. johnpeters999

johnpeters999 Member

Can i just say cheers for all your hard work.

4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

So have all the episodes been found?

5. johnpeters999

johnpeters999 Member

There is still one UK episode to be found: Gobo’s School For Explorers

It must be made clear that only a third of the find stuff is broadcast standards.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

That’s the only one left?

7. johnpeters999

johnpeters999 Member

Yes but then the hunt is still on to get better versions of 2/3 of the archive etc.

Again I cant say much for Henson and its policy on archive on this matter,

8. Whataday

Whataday Member

Not quite. As I'm sure you know, the story of TVS is incredibly complicated - particularly after its demise.

Maidstone Studios Ltd was actually once known as TVS Productions Ltd and has gone through several name changes since it was founded in 1980.

TVS' programming rights were owned by a sister company TVS Television Ltd, but the physical archive was split between Maidstone and Southampton (then known as TVS Productions Ltd).

In March 1996 the rights were folded into a division of International Family Channel which had several takeovers. As a result, the rights paperwork has vanished, and the physical archive disguarded as the bulk it was of no use to anyone.