1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Help Save British Fraggle Rock Episodes

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by charlietheowl, Oct 6, 2012.

1. ST1DS1

ST1DS1 New Member

How did the episodes of Fraggle Rock go missing?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

Here is an article written a few years ago about it.
    The Search for Fraggle Rock
    "When TVS lost their licence in 1992, their back catalogue, and the documentation detailing it, was a victim of massive upheaval behind the scenes, resulting in only 12 episodes of the UK Fraggle Rock now officially remaining in the vaults."

3. anathema

anathema Active Member

There's a short clip from 'Beginnings' in the 'Down at Fraggle Rock' documentary - is that what you've seen?

Regarding posting of this - or any other episode - on YT, DailyMotion or anywhere else: neither I nor the people who have turned up recordings of these episodes are the copyright-holders of them, so please don't ask.

MikaelaMuppet and Colbynfriends like this.
  4. ST1DS1

ST1DS1 New Member

Do you think the Jim Henson Company are just going to let the BFI keep their copies of Fraggle Rock? I think they are.

5. TJ99

TJ99 New Member

Just a quick question: who currently has the private recordings of other UK Fraggle Rock episodes?

6. TJ99

TJ99 New Member

Recently I discovered a video on YouTube featuring lots of high quality UK Fraggle Rock clips.

The channel who uploaded it is Maidstone Studios which is a recording studio in the UK.

Is it possible they have high quality recordings of UK Fraggle Rock??

7. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Hi TJ99,

Well spotted this video :)

Send a PM to user anathema, he collects and runs the project on collecting lost FR UK episodes

Hope this helps.

8. ST1DS1

ST1DS1 New Member

I have actually emailed Maidstone Studios asking them to post some of those clips of Fraggle Rock on YouTube

9. TJ99

TJ99 New Member

Maidstone used to be TVS and if they've uploaded a video with high quality Fraggle Rock clips then that must mean they still have the master copies or high quality copies still in their archives. However, will they actually release these to the public? If they've already recently released what looks like a trailer sort of thing then maybe they're in the process of releasing them online?

Hopefully, they release all of the episodes onto YouTube and do that thing where you buy them as a series on there. Just hoping they actually do.

10. anathema

anathema Active Member

The clips in that video were assembled a long time ago. Maidstone do not have the episodes.

11. TJ99

TJ99 New Member

Oh **** really?, you'd think they'd keep what they created!

12. anathema

anathema Active Member

They didn't create it. Maidstone Studios, the company that exists today, is not related to TVS, the studio which produced the UK version of the show. It just uses their former buildings.

13. TJ99

TJ99 New Member

Oh ok. I'm sure I read somewhere they used to be TVS but guess not.

So how come they've suddenly decided to upload shows, like Fraggle Rock online now?

14. anathema

anathema Active Member

We don't know! I am making enquiries.

On the subject of which, while I understand people would like to help, can I request that you please leave matters with the professionals and don't go contacting Maidstone (or anywhere else) yourself. If there's anything to be found it will be best handled through the proper channels, and I'll post on here as and when there is news.

15. TJ99

TJ99 New Member

Speaking of news, I know you have a lot of recordings of Fraggle Rock. Do you have any plans for them? Like releasing them for others to see?