[Help]Turning MR kermit into a puppet? :(

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I cannot suggest strongly enough for anyone to avoid doing this to their Kermit replica. For one, given the cost of the replica, why would you want to chop the doll all up? It's like the farmer who owned the goose which laid golden eggs. He got greedy and decided to cut her open to get more gold, when all he ended up with was a mutilated bird. Substitute bird for frog and that's exactly what you'll have. I made this mistake when I was in grade school with a Fisher Price Kermit doll (the one with the hat and trench coat), and for over twenty years afterwards I never forgave myself. Fortunately, I was blessed with a wonderful fiancee who bought me the same Kermit in mint condition off e-bay just last year, and it all came around and healed itself. But I wouldn't count on something as rare and expensive as this new Kermit replica to be so easily replaced. Just be happy that Disney is releasing something this close to the original Kermit and leave well enough alone.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
I cannot suggest strongly enough for anyone to avoid doing this to their Kermit replica. For one, given the cost of the replica, why would you want to chop the doll all up? It's like the farmer who owned the goose which laid golden eggs. He got greedy and decided to cut her open to get more gold, when all he ended up with was a mutilated bird. Substitute bird for frog and that's exactly what you'll have. I made this mistake when I was in grade school with a Fisher Price Kermit doll (the one with the hat and trench coat), and for over twenty years afterwards I never forgave myself. Fortunately, I was blessed with a wonderful fiancee who bought me the same Kermit in mint condition off e-bay just last year, and it all came around and healed itself. But I wouldn't count on something as rare and expensive as this new Kermit replica to be so easily replaced. Just be happy that Disney is releasing something this close to the original Kermit and leave well enough alone.
I couldn't agree more. :grouchy: Anyone thinking of mutilating their Kermit replica, read this guys comment!

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Scratch

I would try one from scratch personally if I wanted a Kermit.:rolleyes:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I wish I had the talent to be able to make my own Kermit! I wouldn't even know how to make an arm. lol.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Really, there's no need. You can learn more about puppet patterning from the Project Puppet patterns or Dave Privett's video and they're cheaper!