1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Help with Dr. Teeth's clothing?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Fusionfaris, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Fusionfaris

Fusionfaris New Member

Hi there everyone! I've completed a Dr. Teeth replica that has his 80's/90's attire, but I've been recently been doing my best to restore him to his 70's appearance. His classic pink fluffy top hat has been finished and attached, but I have no idea what his fur jacket is made of! I would assume some kind of aligned tassel-like material, but I have no idea what it would be called. If anyone knows what the material is called your help will be greatly appreciated, and I'll do my best to see if I can post pictures of him in his original clothing!
    :D

muppetperson likes this.
  2. ashkent

ashkent Active Member

I think this is the one you mean.

[​IMG]

At an educated guess on something I have done in the past, I would probably think it will come under fringe material. If you search on ebay for something along the lines of pink fringe or trim material and there will be some come up - you will be able to refine a search once you know exactly what people are calling it. I haven't got access to ebay at the minute or I would try and post a link to some.

It usually is just a long thin strip of material with a lot of what looks like string when you then would build up from the bottom so that after a few layers the next layer is always obscuring the material strip beliow it - a bit like when building hair with Ostrich feathers.

Hope this is of help