1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Help with Elmo

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by joesje, Jul 20, 2013.

1. joesje

joesje Member

Hello all,i want to make an Elmo,but i don't know how to start and which pattern i must use to doing the job.
    Is someone famillair with this puppet?I hope you people can help with this replica.

Thanks all:flirt:

2. Hi, if you use the search function of the forum and type in Elmo you will see lots of topics. Project puppet's mostro pattern makes a reasonable Elmo. I used that one and it worked well and was relatively easy. I used that pattern for my elmo and I know others have also. Some people just make them up from scratch or alter the existing patterns.

Hope that helps,

Good luck, Greg

3. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

The melonhead pattern will also make a passable elmo :)

4. joesje

joesje Member

Does someone know who made this Elmo?

Because this is the one i would make,was this the melonhead or mostro i think the second.

5. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

HaHa. wow, blast from the past! I actually made this one when I first started building, many years ago, since then it has had 2 homes. The head was a modified version of the melonhead pattern, the body and arms were something I made myself. It has since changed at least 5 times...

6. joesje

joesje Member

Send you a PM :)

7. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Yea mine is a melonhead pattern to.. With a slight mod to the mouthplate :)
    [​IMG]

8. ivanjams

ivanjams New Member

How about the fur? My local Joanns doesnt have a good fur selection. I looked at a fur thread here but most of the links were dead. Not looking for red, just good long soft fur.

9. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

You would have to order online for furs, Joanns is a bust for that sort of thing. Mendels, Fabric Empire, Distinctive Fabric are all good sources for furs...

10. ivanjams

ivanjams New Member

Great. Thanks!

11. joesje

joesje Member

I'll buy it by the local craftstore!

12. Chuk

Chuk New Member

Which era of Elmo will it look like

13. Chuk

Chuk New Member

Did you enlarge the pattern and by how much