Help with Making Muppet Patterns

unheard

Reaction score
hi all,
i am a noob to all puppet making.
but i would so much like to make a muppet show or Sesame Street puppet.
just don't know who will be easier to make.

i have read up on need a patten i have the kermit head.

do i need a tools ?

please tell me what about the body, legs and arms and collar ?

practicecactus

Reaction score
As a newbie then, I'd recommend you make your own unique, different, nonmuppet puppets first to gain some experience making them because muppets obviously have a very distinct look and it might take a few attempts to get spot on. First few puppets never come out perfectly and you learn from your mistakes like anything and they get better with time. I hear projectpuppet is a good running head's start for newbies.
Having said all that though, something like cookie monster is probly the easiest to tackle.

Puppetainer

Reaction score
I have only been at this puppetry craft for about 5 or 6 years but I would agree with what practicecactus said. I ESPECIALLY agree with the Project Puppet idea. I have bought about half the patterns they offer and they're GREAT! This is a company that was founded to help with your exact problem. If you want to make a Kermit for yourself I would suggest going to their site and ordering the Glorified Sock Puppet pattern. The cool thing is you won't even have to wait for it to ship, just download it and off you go! It's even on sale right now. Have fun!
http://www.projectpuppet.com/

Animal31

Reaction score
I have only been at this puppetry craft for about 5 or 6 years but I would agree with what practicecactus said. I ESPECIALLY agree with the Project Puppet idea. I have bought about half the patterns they offer and they're GREAT! This is a company that was founded to help with your exact problem. If you want to make a Kermit for yourself I would suggest going to their site and ordering the Glorified Sock Puppet pattern. The cool thing is you won't even have to wait for it to ship, just download it and off you go! It's even on sale right now. Have fun!
http://www.projectpuppet.com/
Does Project Puppet also include patterns for the foam inside frame when you purchase as well? Thanks

Puppetainer

Reaction score
Some Project Puppet patterns do include patterns for the foam body of the puppet. The Forma series does, but I don't believe the Simple Series puppets employ foam for their bodies so I don't think they do. I've only gotten the Forma series myself, but I'm planning on getting more patterns soon. You can order a separate pattern for a foam body to be used for the simple series puppets if you want to.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Does Project Puppet also include patterns for the foam inside frame when you purchase as well? Thanks

I've bought the Roly head pattern and that does include the foam parts