Help with Title: Part III

Princeton

Reaction score
Bringing back a series of threads that have not graced this forum since 2007! Once again, I have a great idea for a stage play and I need help choosing a title. Here's a synopsis (but first let me say that I'm sure this plot has been done a million times, but I think I know how to make it original): A married couple has a baby, but they're always out of their apartment. So they hire a live-in nanny without knowing that the nanny and the baby's father had a serious relationship many years ago. So the whole play deals with how all three characters react to living together, given their past histories. Can't wait to hear what you all come up with!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is "Strange Bedfellows", but THAT title's been done a million times as well, and for various different plots ranging from sticky politics (since the title is a political term), to Odd Couple-esque bunking (like the Rocko's Modern Life episode where Heffer moved in with Rocko).

Princeton

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is "Strange Bedfellows", but THAT title's been done a million times as well, and for various different plots ranging from sticky politics (since the title is a political term), to Odd Couple-esque bunking (like the Rocko's Modern Life episode where Heffer moved in with Rocko).
Ha, I'm surprised you didn't comment on the M*A*S*H episode with that title. Also, The Golden Girls had one too.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------
Is this play intended as comedy, drama, or a mix of the two? Is the ending romantic, realistic, comic, or tragic?
---------------------------------------------------------

Princeton

Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------
Is this play intended as comedy, drama, or a mix of the two? Is the ending romantic, realistic, comic, or tragic?
---------------------------------------------------------
Good questions! Dramatic play, realistic ending.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol @ your M*A*S*H comment Brian, but actually, for some reason, the more I read about your play idea, the more I'm reminded of an old Broadway play starring Charles Grodin, that was later adapted into a movie with, of all people, Alan Alda, called Same Time, Next Year, it's really good.

BTW, I'm curious, I don't remember if I did or not, but wasn't I helpful in giving you a title for a project of yours before?

Princeton

Reaction score
Lol @ your M*A*S*H comment Brian, but actually, for some reason, the more I read about your play idea, the more I'm reminded of an old Broadway play starring Charles Grodin, that was later adapted into a movie with, of all people, Alan Alda, called Same Time, Next Year, it's really good.

BTW, I'm curious, I don't remember if I did or not, but wasn't I helpful in giving you a title for a project of yours before?
Yep; 'Lady of the Rain'! And like I said, I'm sure I'm not the first person to tell this story, so it doesn't surprise me that it reminds you of something pre-existing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, I remember now, thank you.

So how did that one work out? Now that I remember, I remember, it sounded very interesting (and in a good way).

Princeton

Reaction score
Yes, I remember now, thank you.

So how did that one work out? Now that I remember, I remember, it sounded very interesting (and in a good way).
'Lady of the Rain' is one of those treatments that I'm constantly going back and re-tooling to get it up to a 'pitch' standard (meaning getting it ready to be pitched to a studio head).