Help!!!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a problem.

As Super Gran would say. I need some more Puppeteers. Soon!:frown: *Pants loudly*

How can I perswade the people at my church that they want to puppet with me for my Christmas Pantomine???

Does any one have any ideas that don't invole bullying, blackmailing, guns, or any other things you would find in an Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, or Douglas Adams?

Thumbscrews are allowed.

Beauregard

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Beauregard,

Coming from a similar situation, I can tell you exactly what you need to do.

You carry a vision. You need to figure out how to give other people your vision. I had to do the same thing myself.

Invite people who have "puppet potential" to watch a classic Muppet movie. The scene from Muppets Take Manhattan with the rats in the kitchen is one of the most inspiring puppet shows I've ever seen.

"Come on in, the coffee's fine."

What this will do is help your friends to see what puppets are capable of. They've likely forgotten but it's still in there.

Then share your project with them. Maybe pull out the puppets you're using, the music you're playing. Do a story board.

Above all, remember that these people are volunteers. They have nothing to gain financially. Their only motivation is to have fun and glorify God. (Which are both great things) Keep the atmosphere fun and consider their ideas and suggestions. It could become something bigger than you think.

You can do it! Keep me posted.

Markus