Henson at Museum of T.V. and Radio NYC

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone,
I never post here but I do lurk and wanted to share a bit of info on an interesting upcoming event at the Museum of T.V. and Radio. They're having a seminar entitled the Unseen Work of Jim Henson. In person will be Jane Henson, Craig Shemin and others to be announced on October 15th, 6-7:30 p.m. EST. The price to attend is $15 or $12 for general members. Here is the description they sent me in the mail for the event:

"Jim Henson's extroadinary work included surprises that even his fans are unaware of, such as the material recently unearthed in the Henson vaults. Muppet writer and historian Craig Shemin will present rare footage from Henson's remarkable career, much of which has either not been seen for many years, or has never been viewed by the general public. Included will be commericals, outtakes, promos, footage from the unaired pilot Land of Tinkerdee, and a 1960s summer replacement series Our Place, hosted by Rowlf the Dog. A panel consisting of members of Henson's creative team will discuss the work and take questions from the audience."

I already ordered my tickets!! :smile: The museum's website is www.mtr.org where you can find all the phone numbers, etc. that you need.
Melissa

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Somebody has to go and give us a full report later!

matleo

Reaction score
I'm definitly going. this sounds awesome!!!

--Matt

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Well, I'd be happy to give a report when I go. It sounds like it's going to be great!! I hope others here can make it!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Someone take a video camera and audio recording device.

'nuff said.

see ya

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Whoo-hoo! This is absolutely fabulous...I am going to be in New York for meetings on the 15th so the timing is perfect. I was supposed to go down this weekend, but I am so glad it got changed. It would be great to meet some other MCers there.

Thanks for annoucing this Melissa!

matleo

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Whoo-hoo! This is absolutely fabulous...I am going to be in New York for meetings on the 15th so the timing is perfect. I was supposed to go down this weekend, but I am so glad it got changed. It would be great to meet some other MCers there.

you know I was just thiking, does anyone want to try and meet for dinner either before (or better yet after) this?? Anyone? Also, if anyone is interested does anyone know a good place to eat atound there....oh heck, it's NY!! if you can't find it, it doesn't exist!!

If anyone is interested post here and I'll see what I can do to organize something.

--matt