Henson Is Going To The Dogs, Again

Thog

Reaction score
Henson Is Going To The Dogs, Again
After yesterday's announcement that Jim Henson Pictures would team up with Disney for the singing-dog picture
Let It Rain, MGM announced today that it would co-produce Good Boy! with the muppet studio. The family comedy
is a hybrid of live-action performers and CGI-enhanced canines, similar to the manner in which Babe
anthropomorphized animals. It follows the adventures of an alien dog coming to Earth from Sirius, the Dog Star,
to investigate interstellar reports that his fellow canines have abandoned their original plan to take over the
planet. While investigating, he becomes the pet and friend of a human boy. MGM and Henson officials are hoping
the $20 million pic can become a franchise. Shooting is scheduled to begin in Vancouver in late August

Foreignman

Reaction score
Aiy aiy aiy aiy aiy... That's all I have to say on this topic. Why has Disney decided to focus on the genre of talking dogs from space. I say there are only so many talking dogs from space movies to be made, and dragging Henson into there talking-space dog industry just feels like Disney's pulling Henson into quicksand.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
Why has Disney decided to focus on the genre of talking dogs from space. I say there are only so many talking dogs from space movies to be made.
That's because they've drained the "cats from space" idea already

Foreignman

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
That's because they've drained the "cats from space" idea already
Horrifyingly enough folks, the man's not kidding The Cat From Outer Space, is the name of the flick, I remember seeing it when I was around 6, even then I had the taste to turn off the TV.

radionate

Reaction score
Yeah!!!!! Someone else remember's it. It had Dean Jones. There was talk they were going to remake it too, but I don't believe they did. They did, however, remake "That darn cat" Bleh

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Keep in mind, this is a not a co-production with Disney, but with MGM, which only GUARANTEES its failure. Their only recent non-"James Bond" hit was "Legally Blonde."