1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Henson Knitting Projects

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by LeanneFuller, Feb 6, 2012.

1. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

I have bit the bullet and started this thread because you guys may be interested.

I have submitted a Dissertation for a Knitted Jim Henson Doll for Nerd Wars Tournament 4 on Ravelry. The proposal was accepted and I made a start on this project I will be posting my progress on my Blog and thought you guys may like to watch my progress : http://www.MummyRivett.com

If anyone else is on Ravelry or participating in Nerd Wars why not post your progress here too.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hey Leanne! :) I told my wife what you said about Ravelry in my "custom Rowlf pillow" thread, so we checked out the Fraggles group! (my wife already belongs to that site) We didn't add myself to the Muppet group though, cuz I don't knit! Ha ha. I wish I did.

Anyway, great project! I'll be watching this thread, I LOVE homemade anything, especially MUPPETS! :D
  3. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

Hi

I've made a really good start to this project here is my update from week 1:

here is my update on what has been going on in week one.
    I wrote my Dissertation Proposal and it was accepted. Waving hands madly in the air in a Kermit fashion, “Yaaaay!!!”
    I have drawn out the sketch of the Kermit Puppet, I am designing this pattern myself from scratch.
    [​IMG]
    I made a start of knitting Jim, so far I have finished:
    The Body
    [​IMG]
    The Head
    [​IMG]
    One Arm
    [​IMG]
    One Leg
    [​IMG]
    I started having a go at designing and knitting the Jacket. Knitting and frogging it about 6 times over
    The Body
    [​IMG]
    One Arm
    [​IMG]
    The most challenging part of the week was knitting and designing the shape of Kermit’s head. The first attempt came out the same size as as Jim’s head, therefore I had to start again. I am using my trusty Fisher Price Kermit as a model. I think he quite likes the attention and is looking kind of pleased with himself.
    [​IMG]
    Final Kermit Head
    [​IMG]
    So all in all it has been a fun packed week, I am really pleased with the start that I have made and also watching the work Team Fraggle has produced since the start. I think we all deserve a pat on the back.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  4. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Everything looks wonderfully fantastic! :) I love your Calvin-esque style Jim, he'll look oh so friggin' adorable, can't wait!