Henson Knitting Projects

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I have bit the bullet and started this thread because you guys may be interested.

I have submitted a Dissertation for a Knitted Jim Henson Doll for Nerd Wars Tournament 4 on Ravelry. The proposal was accepted and I made a start on this project I will be posting my progress on my Blog and thought you guys may like to watch my progress : http://www.MummyRivett.com

If anyone else is on Ravelry or participating in Nerd Wars why not post your progress here too.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey Leanne! :smile: I told my wife what you said about Ravelry in my "custom Rowlf pillow" thread, so we checked out the Fraggles group! (my wife already belongs to that site) We didn't add myself to the Muppet group though, cuz I don't knit! Ha ha. I wish I did.

Anyway, great project! I'll be watching this thread, I LOVE homemade anything, especially MUPPETS! :big_grin:

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Hey Leanne! :smile: I told my wife what you said about Ravelry in my "custom Rowlf pillow" thread, so we checked out the Fraggles group! (my wife already belongs to that site) We didn't add myself to the Muppet group though, cuz I don't knit! Ha ha. I wish I did.

Anyway, great project! I'll be watching this thread, I LOVE homemade anything, especially MUPPETS! :big_grin:
Hi

I've made a really good start to this project here is my update from week 1:

here is my update on what has been going on in week one.
I wrote my Dissertation Proposal and it was accepted. Waving hands madly in the air in a Kermit fashion, “Yaaaay!!!”
I have drawn out the sketch of the Kermit Puppet, I am designing this pattern myself from scratch.

I made a start of knitting Jim, so far I have finished:
The Body

The Head

One Arm

One Leg

I started having a go at designing and knitting the Jacket. Knitting and frogging it about 6 times over
The Body

One Arm

The most challenging part of the week was knitting and designing the shape of Kermit’s head. The first attempt came out the same size as as Jim’s head, therefore I had to start again. I am using my trusty Fisher Price Kermit as a model. I think he quite likes the attention and is looking kind of pleased with himself.

Final Kermit Head

So all in all it has been a fun packed week, I am really pleased with the start that I have made and also watching the work Team Fraggle has produced since the start. I think we all deserve a pat on the back.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Everything looks wonderfully fantastic! :smile: I love your Calvin-esque style Jim, he'll look oh so friggin' adorable, can't wait!