Henson, MGM prime plans for film pact

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
More "Good Boy"-type films. More Henson stuff that don't involve puppets or animatronics. :embarrassed:

I guess we have to evolve.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
What I still don't understand is whether MirrorMask is getting a theatrical release, or direct to video. I'd love to know for sure.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Exactly what is their deal with Disney for animation?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Looks like Good Boy will be getting a sequel and more partnership films with MGM are on the way. According to the release "MirrorMask" is also done and in post-production.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/042004.shtml
A sequal to Good B..... What the shell is going on? It didn't do that good, and it was an absolute low for Henson. Someone needs to go over there and say, "Talking dog films? Darnit... you're better than that!" I mean, a lot of people are up in arms about the current status of Sesame Street, but this is the news I feel disturbing. I can't believe Henson is reduced to making low brow preschooler type doggy movies.

On the other side, Mirrormask should really get the attention. It seems like a great fiolm. If it goes directly to video, and "Good Boy 2" gets a theatrical release, that's the poorest judgement I've eveh hoid!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I've never seen "Good Boy" and I don't know much about "MirrorMask," but you is correct!

The Storyteller

Reaction score
I hear MGM and Jim Henson are looking into making a Fraggle Rock movie! :big_grin: But that's just rumor, but my cousin works at MGM in Hollywood, and Farscape is going to go into sydication(Spelling?)this year and MGM is going to do help Henson with that. Who knows what's next "Farscape-The Movie from JimHenson Pictures and MGM "

MGM and Jim Henson Company a match made in heaven! :halo: (My Opinion!)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I would love that! Fingers crossed for Fraggle Rock: The Movie!

:excited: :excited: :excited:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Truly, a Fraggle Rock film would be great, and it totally lends itself to a big, cinematic experience.

But what I'm surprised of is that more people aren't speaking excitedly about Mirrormask! I first read of it's development last year in Entertainment Weekly, and it's sounds incredible. Neil Gaiman (prolific comic book writer and creator of The Sandman) is writing it and Dave McKean (brilliant comic book artist/children's book illustrator and frequent Gaiman collaborator) is directing it. Gaiman supposedly wrote the first draft in the London Creature Shop to draw inspiration for the work, which sounded brilliant when I read it. He said he was surrounded by the original puppets of the Skeksis and Auhgrah, and that these puppets sort of spoke to him and inspired him.

Thus far, the production sounds like it's a perfect addition to what could become a fantasy trilogy of sorts: The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth and Mirrormask. It sounds like it will incorperate ornate costumes, fantasy and animatronic puppetry. Go to imdb.com for a plot summary if you're interested. I just feel that, given the creative factors that are falling into place for this film, that it could be a big hit, or in the very least, a worthy film for the fans who so appreciated Crystal and Labyrinth. So c'mon! Let's get some chatter going about this film!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Superherohype.com just posted this quote from Neil Gaiman in regards to the upcoming "Mirrormask" movie:

"Well, Mirrormask, the movie I'm doing with Dave McKean, is progressing very well. Principal shooting has been completed and we are in post-production. Of course, with a project like Mirrormask, post-production is about 80% of the job."

I don't know about anyone else, but that's enough to get me excited about this film!