Henson projects status update

Rachael

Reaction score
http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/henson-properties-status-report-dark-crystal-fraggle-rock.html

This was difficult to place (if it's already up elsewhere, please feel free to delete/merge this) but I think this sub-forum is the best home for it since it's got more meaty information about the fantasy world/creature shop projects than it has about anything else.

I found this very interesting reading. In particular, I find the lack of any movement with expanded universe content for Labyrinth positively intriguing. Of the two, all the resources seem to be being thrown at The Dark Crystal which is getting graphic novels, websites and interactive contests galore. Does anyone have any theories as to why this is? As a card-carrying member of the Labyrinth fandom, I would hazard a guess and say that the vitriolic fan reaction to the Return to Labyrinth manga series has made them very, very cautious in relation to the property - they know we are wrathful when annoyed (too wrathful, I would say. RtL was pretty feeble, but some fans I will not name treated it as a personal affront).

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
I found that same article on Rotten Tomatoes yesterday, and I'm glad that it is confirmed that The Power of the Dark Crystal and the Fraggle Rock movie are still in development. I'm still disappointed that they (or Disney) cannot confirm a (Blu-Ray/DVD) release date for The Muppet Show Seasons 4-5 and place Muppet Babies on home video.

I haven't expressed much interest in watching Farscape, but I'm sure fans will be satisfied by the news. I agree with Lisa Henson that Dinosaurs probably doesn't need to be expanded, though it appears to be a decent television show. Hopefully, I'll binge watch them both sometime in the near future. Overall, it appears there is a bright future ahead for the Jim Henson Company.