1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Henson puppet on Pawn Stars

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Dec 21, 2013.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

There doesn't seem to be any video of it online yet, but on a recent episode of Pawn Stars, there was a guy attempting to pawn an apparently Henson-built puppet. Just figured I'd pass it on to discuss and for people to track it down.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You reckon it's stolen or something, or possibly a fake?

3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

TheWemblin'Fool likes this.
  4. D'Snowth

Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm.

But since when did the Creature Shop start doing outside work?

5. muppetperson

I think they have always offered that service to make characters for other Companies.
    Just depends how much moola you have!

6. D'Snowth

Hmm. Seems like that'd be like if Disney animated movies for other studios.

7. muppetperson

I guess they sort of do, via Pixar. Doesn't Disney own that? Some Companies don't mind doing outside work. They see it as more revenue, while others don't like sharing as they see it as helping compediters. Disney own or have interests in lots of Companies, so it doesn't really matter, as it is probably one of their other companies anyway!! LOL.

8. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

Walt Disney's team did a series of commercials for Ipana Toothpaste (not using pre-existing Disney characters, but an original mascot named Bucky Beaver) back in the 50s. I'm not sure if that counts, but there's that.

9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

10. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Just to stop all of this Disney words, when we should be talking about the Pawn Shop so-called Henson puppet. I saw that episode, and the guy said that he made it and tried to sell it in the Henson company, not Henson built it for him. Don't mean to be rude. That's why the price dropped down to 1,000 dollars, since Henson didn't use it.

11. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

That sounds cool!