Henson puppet on Pawn Stars

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be any video of it online yet, but on a recent episode of Pawn Stars, there was a guy attempting to pawn an apparently Henson-built puppet. Just figured I'd pass it on to discuss and for people to track it down.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You reckon it's stolen or something, or possibly a fake?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
From what I researched, the Creature Shop only made it for the Seller, rather than being a Henson character.
Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm.

But since when did the Creature Shop start doing outside work?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think they have always offered that service to make characters for other Companies.
Just depends how much moola you have!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm. Seems like that'd be like if Disney animated movies for other studios.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I guess they sort of do, via Pixar. Doesn't Disney own that? Some Companies don't mind doing outside work. They see it as more revenue, while others don't like sharing as they see it as helping compediters. Disney own or have interests in lots of Companies, so it doesn't really matter, as it is probably one of their other companies anyway!! LOL.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Hmm. Seems like that'd be like if Disney animated movies for other studios.
Walt Disney's team did a series of commercials for Ipana Toothpaste (not using pre-existing Disney characters, but an original mascot named Bucky Beaver) back in the 50s. I'm not sure if that counts, but there's that.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Just to stop all of this Disney words, when we should be talking about the Pawn Shop so-called Henson puppet. I saw that episode, and the guy said that he made it and tried to sell it in the Henson company, not Henson built it for him. Don't mean to be rude. That's why the price dropped down to 1,000 dollars, since Henson didn't use it.