1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Henson Rarities on Youtube

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by tygerbug, Feb 26, 2015.

1. tygerbug

tygerbug Well-Known Member

Henson Rarities on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8JxjRYYaLbs9fgsu13iQw

I've started a new channel for posting Henson rarities that I've restored myself from (mostly) VHS sources, starting out with three unaired episodes of Little Muppet Monsters (and two of the aired episodes).

As you might know, I've been collecting and restoring rarer Muppet productions for a few years now, with a special focus on The Jim Henson Hour and other specials from the classic era. I keep an email list and have put rare stuff out for download. Anyway, you'll want to keep your eyes on this channel!

LabyrinthLani and Mo Frackle like this.
  2. tygerbug

The Jim Henson Hour (Muppets) The Today Show / Nylons "Power"

Jim Henson's Little Muppet Monsters Episode 1: In the Beginning

Although the restoration of LMM episode 1 looks a hundred times better than what was out there previously, the main source is actually the exact same tape you normally see on Youtube. We retransferred it - it's actually in worse shape now than it was then - and I did a lot of digital cleanup, as well as combining it with a second source - and using many sources for the MBM intro(s) - mainly three sources from the same tape which were restored frame by frame to remove a lot of damage.

3. tygerbug

Jim Henson’s Little Muppet Monsters “Gunko” Unaired Episode

Here’s a real rarity we've uncovered, unseen for thirty years. Two other unaired episodes are at the same channel.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  4. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I can't check it out right now, since I'm at work, but I definitely will look at it later tonight.

tygerbug likes this.
  5. tygerbug

vettech28 likes this.
  6. tygerbug

7. tygerbug

8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was hoping someone would post the entire pilot (both pilots, yet). This was one of the strangest (and most obscure) Henson/Disney teamups. It definitely doesn't look as though any of Henson's puppeteers were invovled.

By the way, the audio is out of sync on pilot #1.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  9. tygerbug

You're right - I'll have to fix that.

10. tygerbug

11. tygerbug

12. tygerbug

Corrected Mermaid.

13. tygerbug

14. tygerbug

Here's a look at some of the restoration I do.

Phillip likes this.
  15. tygerbug

And another restoration comparison.

Phillip likes this.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I enjoyed seeing Muppet Madness. So glad you had that. It's a little more enjoyable than You're the Director. Actually, both those InteractiVision releases are a lot more enjoyable than the Play-Along Videos.

I also enjoyed some of the Jim Henson Hour promos. All of the episodes used to be on YouTube (they seem to enter and then leave YouTube quite a bit for various reasons, though I think it's usually because of other things uploaded by the users), and many of them featured promos for the next episodes which were shown before Jim Henson's closing. But that promo for the Smokey Robinson episode is clearly from a different time (I actually can't remember if I saw the promo that was shown in the shows time slot before).

17. tygerbug

Well, hopefully we'll stay up on Youtube. They're very tough about copyright.
    These are all the Henson Hour promos we've got -- most of them are actually reconstructions, as the source material was lower quality than that.

We were hoping to do interactive releases of Muppet Madness and You're the Director, but it's been hard to get good captures. We do have all the tapes for the system.

18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Oh, so you must have the Sesame Street release Let's Play School then, right? That's the only one (not counting Disney Cartoon Arcade, for obvious reasons) to not have a page on Muppet Wiki.

19. tygerbug

Yep, we've got them all. Capturing them with gameplay intact in any kind of quality is a little tricky, as the console itself tends to mess up the video signal. We're still intending to have another shot at it. The Muppet Madness capture also has echoey audio right now.

20. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I absolutely adore your channel! It's so great seeing all these rare gems being restored to better quality and finding out about others I never even heard of! I especially love how you restored the colours on The Muppets go to DisneyWorld special! Keep up the great work!