Henson sells Muppets to Disney

What do you think of Disney buying the Muppets and Bear?

• It's great! Disney can keep the Muppets alive and visible.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • It's awful! The Muppets will go downhill and quality will suffer.

Votes: 87 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luke

Reaction score
Aaron said:
is this a done deal
No, it has to go through approval ....... but it'll get approved no problem.

Aaron

Reaction score
muppets on tv again think about it

dbarrie

Reaction score
I really hope this deal works out well for both parties, because I respect and admire them so much. Right now I am optimistic -- perhaps with some cautiousness -- that it will restore the fortunes of the Jim Henson empire. Apparently this deal will allow for the reruns of TMS and MT to get wider airing on TV. I hope this deal will also lead to reissuing many of the TV specials on DVD, including those that have never been made available officially (e.g. the Muppets' Disney World special). And wouldn't be wonderful to see a new Muppet Show series?! It will be interesting to see what transpires.

OI MuppetFan

Struble

Reaction score
Aaron said:
not gonna happen
It is so gonna happen. I haven't seen a single Disney project in forever that didn't say Disney's in front of it.

dmx10101

Reaction score
WOW, I got blind sighted with this one, not expecting it at all. All I have to say is what the *****************************************!?!?! Now that that is out of the way. I like Disneys theme parks to visit once every 5 years but other than that the Disney of today is very bad and greedy, unspired and all they care about is the $$$, not the people. Disney better not ruin my rediscovered comfort, the Muppets! This is not gonna be good, I hope it will turn out ok, but I serously have my doubts.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Holy Mother of God. What in the heck? What?

Sorry, but I didn't see this coming. Don't know if I'm ecstatic or not, I"ve been waiting for this day for 8 years, but I didn't expect it like this.

Man, I'll absorb it and talk later. Wow.

Luke

Reaction score
Struble said:
It is so gonna happen. I haven't seen a single Disney project in forever that didn't say Disney's in front of it.
It'll probably be "Disney Presents ........ Jim Henson's Muppets"

I'm sure the kids will have negotiated the use of Jims name as part of the sale deal.