HENSON WING IS TRUE!

zns

Reaction score
Thanks for the video, man! :cool:
The neatest part was when Cheryl Henson stated that they would be including rare Muppets such as Hoots the Owl and Roosevelt Franklin. Who knows how many other obscure characters will become part of the wing?

theSHE124

Reaction score
WING UPDATE ALERT! Gotta special letter in the mail today from the center. They're gonna open the new editions sometime this fall. Those Doozers must be working faster than I imagined! :busy::busy::busy:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm really wanting to set up a internet Muppet fan meet up for this event. This new wing is going to be the closest thing to a Muppet museum, but it's going to be even better because it will focus on Jim Henson and his work. It will start with the begging of his work and focus on all the major parts of his wonderful career. There will even be a room just for the Dark Crystal and his other projects. I can't wait to see this

theSHE124

Reaction score
Bumpdate!--Renovations at the Center is at a fever-pitched! It's not just the new wings, they're rearranging the adjacent sections to attach well to them. Half of Floor 1 closed. Floor 2 closed. Floor 3 fully operational. Gift shop now open in a new area. Both performance theaters still open for shows. Members of the Center have the privilege to see the new editions open November 14th!

Oh, Slackbot, about the funding thing you were confused with earlier, you do realize the place is a NON-profit org, right? Being a member helps keep ticket prices low and providing free shows for field trips of schools across Fulton County and beyond. The Believe in Make Believe Foundation is not only support for the Center but as a sign you support puppetry. Even I forked in my loose change for them, but $14-mil is way more than I can ever imagine!:eek:

theSHE124

Reaction score
:news: EXTRA, EXTRA, NEWSFLASH ALERT!

Cheryl, Heather, and Brain Henson, along with Leslie and her Abby Cadabby, are coming to the grand opening of the upgraded Center for Puppetry Arts Saturday, Nov. 14!!! :excited: Reminder: there are more than 500 puppets and other stuff from our favorite Muppet/Henson TV and film [!] that will be start in rotation for the future. Not that patient? Well, members have the perk to see the new exhibits from the 7th-13th (minus 9th, obviously).

And...that's where some slightly bad news comes in: I'm gonna catch the Tuesday preview, sometime between 9am-1pm. Also, my Mom got some tickets for us to see a Christmas play on the 15th, also in Atlanta. But with the rest of my family scattered thin, I may not be able to join the dream opening...:sigh:

Yet I know there's MC members in & outta Georgia that can catch the biggest event in the Center since...I dunno, the first opening? Is this even on other fan headlines?? Now's the time to go get those tickets! Don't just go because I maybe absent, but do it on behalf of the WHOLE Muppet Central! DO IT NOW!!

:crazy: Am I the only one crazy 'bout this?!?

zns

Reaction score
:news: EXTRA, EXTRA, NEWSFLASH ALERT!

Cheryl, Heather, and Brain Henson, along with Leslie and her Abby Cadabby, are coming to the grand opening of the upgraded Center for Puppetry Arts Saturday, Nov. 14!!! :excited: Reminder: there are more than 500 puppets and other stuff from our favorite Muppet/Henson TV and film [!] that will be start in rotation for the future. Not that patient? Well, members have the perk to see the new exhibits from the 7th-13th (minus 9th, obviously).

And...that's where some slightly bad news comes in: I'm gonna catch the Tuesday preview, sometime between 9am-1pm. Also, my Mom got some tickets for us to see a Christmas play on the 15th, also in Atlanta. But with the rest of my family scattered thin, I may not be able to join the dream opening...:sigh:

Yet I know there's MC members in & outta Georgia that can catch the biggest event in the Center since...I dunno, the first opening? Is this even on other fan headlines?? Now's the time to go get those tickets! Don't just go because I maybe absent, but do it on behalf of the WHOLE Muppet Central! DO IT NOW!!

:crazy: Am I the only one crazy 'bout this?!?
I'm very excited for this as well. While I cannot make it to the opening, I am thrilled to see that something like this is going to happen. And the best part of it is that it will be a permanent museum for many generations to come and visit. I hope we get to see lots of photos and videos of the grand opening as well as seeing what all is on display.

And no theSHE124, you're not the only one crazy about this. :wink:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
So excited for this! I'm coming up from Alabama for it with my three year old daughter! I don't know if she or I will be more excited to meet Abby!