1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

HENSON WING IS TRUE!

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by theSHE124, Mar 17, 2014.

1. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

I'll be there--can't wait!

theSHE124 likes this.
  2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I came back from the grand opening and had a great time. I met Leslie again after meeting her at DragonCon and took a picture with her again. And I unexpectedly met Stephanie D'Abruzzo and Ryan Dillon! And they were kind enough to take pictures with me too. It was incredible!

theSHE124 and zns like this.
  3. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

What a cool, wonderful place! If you can go, by all means go!

theSHE124 likes this.
  4. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I went to the grand opening, and I had a wonderful time. Once again I brought Janken along, and I took lots of left-handed photos. I was also photographed a lot; he was camera-bait for the press and attracted a lot of little kids and nostalgic adults.

I got to meet some neato people. There were fellow online Muppet fans, of course. I also shook hands and spoke briefly with Brian Henson, had a short conversation with Stephanie D'Abruzzo, and had my photo taken with Leslie Carrera-Rudolph and Stever Whitmire(!!!) I told Steve about my admiration for his ability to get so much expression out of Wembley by moving his hand around in there, and maybe that contributed his being chosen for Kermit. I also spoke with a number of people from the Henson foundation, one of whom had a lot to say about Jane as a puppeteer. (It was all good.)

I linked to my photo album a few pages back, but it's annoying when people expect you to search for a link, so here it is again. I posted some new photos in it, including some better shots of the no-longer-lost Clueless Morgan.

5. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! And your puppet is amazing too, nice work! I hope to one day be able to visit this wing and the museum and general. It looks like a wonderful place! And I LOVE Madame! I grew up watching her with her puppeteer on "Solid Gold" as a child of the 80s. Also very cool that you got pics with Leslie and Steve. They are some of the nicest folks ever, speaking from experience.

6. ftnpro

ftnpro Member

theSHE124 likes this.
  7. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Thanks for the rundown, Futnpro!

8. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I heard that some puppets are being replaced with other puppets, like Oscar & Sherlock being replaced with Cookie & Hoots.

theSHE124 likes this.
  9. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I'm going this summer!

theSHE124 likes this.
  10. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

It's not opened yet. Supposed to be by end of this year.

11. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Oh. I thought it was already open.

12. MuppetSpot

Hold it do mean the Center of Puppetry arts exhibit or the Museum of the Moving Image exhibit.

13. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I thought Museums of the Moving Image wasn't ready and Center of Puppetry Arts was. Please correct me.

14. MuppetSpot

Yes that's true Center of Puppetry Arts is ready while, the Museums of the Moving Image is not ready.

15. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Okay, good, I got confused.

16. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Lemme help you out, Gavry. The Center has a treasure of Henson stuff, but not all of it is shown in the Henson Wing. Just like the Global Collection Wing, they switch it up a little, showing different items every few months or so. That's what Muppetspot was trying to say: they've started on the rotation.

17. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Came back from the Center today, so I can truly confirm muppetspot2's announcement: come one and all to see Featherstone, Cookie Monster, Grover, Fizzgig, and more! :excited:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  18. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Recently I went to the Smithsonian and saw Elmo! Too bad Sam and Friends weren't there.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.