Henson's Aussie Pre-School Show - Bambaloo

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask to see whether any of you guys that don't live in Australia know about Henson's show called Bambaloo? Not sure if it's screened in the U.S... seems to be only in Australia but I can't be sure!

It's a relatively new Australian show (been around a few years).. It's a narratively driven pre-school show and I love it cause it's like no other Aussie kids show on T.V and of course because it's a Henson production!

I'll give you a quick run down on the show's format:

In an unspecified tropical part of the world you will find the Bambaloo tree. This is where Sam (main human character), Jet the fish, Fidget the Dog and Portia the Bird live. Unbeknown to these main characters... two little mice named Jinx & Gypsy also live with them in the tree.

The Bambaloo tree is a place full of fun, music & inspiration... a place where dogs, fish, birds and mice talk! Which means it's a place where anything can happen.

Each day sees Sam and her friends finding new and creative ways to explore the world through music, stories, puzzles, imagination, games and songs. Each episode sees another adventure or problem to be solved with a little help from Jinx & Gypsy. It is a known fact that children love repetition. So every episode of Bambaloo has elements that are repeated so the children will anticipate what’s coming up next.

check out the website if you like to see what the muppets are like:
http://www.bambaloo.com.au/bambaloo/

Would love to know what you think and whether you've seen or heard of it before?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Nope, never heard of it. I'll check out the website though! Thanks for cluing us in!
:big_grin: Does the site give a list of the people who work on it? Oh well, I'm about to find out!

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
ahh, i wondered if it was henson related...the credits dont say anything about it though...
the mail vulture has appeared in mopatops shop too!

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
ahh, i wondered if it was henson related...the credits dont say anything about it though...
the mail vulture has appeared in mopatops shop too!
Hello Fellow Aussie Muppet Lover :smile:

I only realised it was Henson when I received a publicity book & CD for the show. Otherwise I wouldn't have guessed.

The Henson logo etc. is on the website though.

I should have put two and two together though cause the dog looks alot like many other of the Henson dogs... you know the ones that all look similar to the Fraggle dog Sprocket?

Beauregard

Reaction score
The dog does have a Sprocket like appearence, but the other puppets don't seem to have the usual JHC style -- not that everything has to look like a Muppet.

It's a pity there are no video clips on the website, only audio from the show.

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
what's the deal with youtube? I've always wondered about the legalities of uploading episodes on there... although i'm pretty sure I know the answer already. If it's a licensed product I can't see it being allowed. Can you confirm?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Can confirm. But that show looks like so much fun and sounds so cool! Thank you fro telling us about it! I wish I could see it so badly.:smile:

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
Can confirm. But that show looks like so much fun and sounds so cool! Thank you fro telling us about it! I wish I could see it so badly.:smile:
I just realised that your avatar is Gumby! My brother is the biggest fan of Gumby... he loves Gumby like I love Muppets!

He had a massive highlight of his life last year... he finally got to live his dream and go to New York (we're Aussies) and he went to the New York Book Fair with my Dad (cause he's a publisher) and he was sitting there chatting to an older American guy and for some reason he got onto the subject of Gumby (he thinks it was because he was looking for special Gumby DVDs, collectables & memorabilia so it was on his mind) and he really opened up and went on and on to this guy about how much Gumby meant to him and how much Gumby was a part of his childhood & gave examples of his first memories etc... he thought the guy was a bit of a nutter at first because a tear fell down his face as my brother was talking............until of course the guy finally told him he was Art Clokey!

Anyway just had to mention it... Gumby was a big part of my childhood too cause my bro and I would watch it everyday... he just got the intense passion for Gumby...

Gumby Rulz!~!~

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
Oh and yes it's a very cool show for little ones... my two year old loves it (and I like watching it too) and I'm sure he'll love it for years to come.