Henson's Early Works on DVD!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOOW! Oh that is... that is SO cool! I can't believe it! This is fantastic! :excited:

zns

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what they will put on that box set. I am reeeeeeeaaaaaallllllly hoping that they put in the Dick Cavett appearance on Nov. 25th, 1971.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
His stuff from the 50's & 60's are absolutely strange and wonderful. Some of his best stuff, I have seen a lot of Sam & Friends and some of his short films and other stuff from my personal archive collection and its truely wonderful stuff and I am hoping this set comes out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is awesome! I would be surprised if Timepiece wasn't included (I think The Jim Henson Company owns that production, so there shouldn't be any legal problems there).

I also hope that there are some interviews with people like Jane Henson, Robert Payne, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Craig Shermin, Karen Falk, and others.

So is this going to be a boxed set or a single-disc release (or possibly a two-disc set... Those are seldom referred to as boxed sets)?

ploobis

Reaction score
OMG! :smile:

This is the best news EVER! Even though I already heard Craig Shemin mention it at the Commercials & Experiments screening at the Muppets, Music & Magic event on Saturday.

I love Jim's work from the 50's & 60's! From Sam and Friends to the Wilkins Coffee commercials, From the 60's Muppet commercials to Guest Appearancese on shows like Steve Allen, Jack Paar, Mike Douglas, Al Hirt's Fan Fare, From the Muppets on Puppets special to Jim & The Muppets on The Dick Cavett Show in November 25, 1971!

"LET'S ALL HOPE & PRAY FOR THIS DVD SET TO HAPPEN!' :smile:

Jim would want it that way!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that clips featuring Disney-owned Muppets can be included.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This would make a good three-disc set:

Disc 1:
all surviving episodes of Sam and Friends
Wilkins Coffee, IBM, Purina Do Chow, Wilsons Meat, and La Choy Chow Mein commercials
La Choy Chow mein industrial film
Wilsons Meat industrial films

Disc 2:
"I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" (if the version from The Tonight Shiw still exists, then that would be ideal)
Scrapp Flyapp (the original version, I think it originated on The Today Show)
some of Rowlf's appearances on The Jimmy Dean Show (maybe the set can also advertise The Best of the Jimmy Dean Show releases)
some Rowlf sketches from Our Place
some Ed Sullivan Show sketches (hopefully Henson could get the music rights to some of the songs ommitted from the Muppets Magic DVD)
sketches from The Today Show
Limbo: The Organized Mind (I don't know where this originated)

Disc 3:
Timepiece (with commentary by Jane Henson, Frank Oz, Craig Shermin, and Karen Falk)
Youth '68
The Cube
Pat-Nik films: "Shrinkle and Stretchel" and "Shrinkenstein"
The Wizard of Id (maybe with a special introduction by the creator of the comic strip, if he is still alive)
footage shot for Cyclia (with either a special introduction or commentary)

A booklet would also be nice.

ploobis

Reaction score
This would make a good three-disc set:

Disc 1:
all surviving episodes of Sam and Friends
Wilkins Coffee, IBM, Purina Do Chow, Wilsons Meat, and La Choy Chow Mein commercials
La Choy Chow mein industrial film
Wilsons Meat industrial films

Disc 2:
"I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" (if the version from The Tonight Shiw still exists, then that would be ideal)
Scrapp Flyapp (the original version, I think it originated on The Today Show)
some of Rowlf's appearances on The Jimmy Dean Show (maybe the set can also advertise The Best of the Jimmy Dean Show releases)
some Rowlf sketches from Our Place
some Ed Sullivan Show sketches (hopefully Henson could get the music rights to some of the songs ommitted from the Muppets Magic DVD)
sketches from The Today Show
Limbo: The Organized Mind (I don't know where this originated)

Disc 3:
Timepiece (with commentary by Jane Henson, Frank Oz, Craig Shermin, and Karen Falk)
Youth '68
The Cube
Pat-Nik films: "Shrinkle and Stretchel" and "Shrinkenstein"
The Wizard of Id (maybe with a special introduction by the creator of the comic strip, if he is still alive)
footage shot for Cyclia (with either a special introduction or commentary)

A booklet would also be nice.
Don't forget about the "Yellow Rose Of Texas" sketch from the Steve Allen Show from 1957!

Clips from The Mike Douglas Show and The Dick Cavett Show too.