Henson's Early Works on DVD!

ploobis

Reaction score
I wonder if the set will also include Jim's short films like Time Piece, Ripples, Cat & Mouse, Ideas, I'm Nobody and Limbo The Organized Mind?

There is a lot of rare material that I would love to see on this DVD set! So many great variaty TV show appearances, So many great TV commercials, So many experiments Jim did and the Wilson Meats and La Choy Presentations! Oh yeah, and all the serviving episodes of Sam and Friends.

I even wonder if the Muppets on Puppets special from 1968 will be included?

This is gonna be the best Henson DVD set EVER! :smile:

"I JUST CAN'T WAIT!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how many discs there will be. I will be surprised if there are more than three discs. And I think this set should either include a booklet, special introductions, or audio commentary, explaining the various productions to casual fans.

ploobis

Reaction score
I wonder how many discs there will be. I will be surprised if there are more than three discs. And I think this set should either include a booklet, special introductions, or audio commentary, explaining the various productions to casual fans.
A booklet sounds great! For introductions I wonder who would do them. Jane Henson or Cheryl Henson or Craig Shemin or Karen Falk?

I just love the idea for this rare Henson colletion on DVD! :smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
So we're waiting about a year for this, huh?

Man, will it be worth the wait.

ploobis

Reaction score
So we're waiting about a year for this, huh?

Man, will it be worth the wait.
It should be, It took two years for the second season of The Muppet Show to come to DVD and all the episodes were released UNCUT! :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A booklet sounds great! For introductions I wonder who would do them. Jane Henson or Cheryl Henson or Craig Shemin or Karen Falk?
Those people would be good. So would Robert Payne, Frank Oz (I would be surprised if he would refuse to talk about Jim Henson on such a DVD feature if offered), Brian Henson, and Jerry Nelson.

ploobis

Reaction score
Those people would be good. So would Robert Payne, Frank Oz (I would be surprised if he would refuse to talk about Jim Henson on such a DVD feature if offered), Brian Henson, and Jerry Nelson.
Yeah Bob Payne, Brian Henson and Jerry Nelson would be great too!

But it's seems so hard to get Frank Oz to do anymore Muppet stuff! :mad: But it would be great if Frank could be apart of this DVD set.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
This is amazing news and I'm so happy that almost all of Jim's work is being released onto dvd shame he's not around anymore to do comments on it all and stuff.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But it's seems so hard to get Frank Oz to do anymore Muppet stuff! :mad: But it would be great if Frank could be apart of this DVD set.
But this would be a bit different. He wouldn't be performing, he'd be talking about Jim Henson, what it was like working with Jim, and introducing something that he worked on back in the 1960s.

Of course, I wonder if anybody not associated with Jim Henson would make introductions. Somebody like Leonard Maltin or Roger Ebert.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is totally amazing. If they can also compile the commericals and everything else, we won't need to fear about Youtube's secret copyright police purging th site of watchable matereal. There has never been a collection of Henson's earliest stuff.

It would be great to see some sketches and comparisons and stuff as bonuses.