Henson's Skrumps premiere on Yahoo Kids

Super Scooter

Reaction score
From the Jim Henson Company. Only at Yahoo! Kids.

What are Skrumps?

Hey wassup? Wishbone here to answer the question "What is a Skrump?" A Skrump is a pal, a buddy, a companion. Skrumps come in all colors, shapes and sizes and each have their own unique vibe. But at the heart of it, the Skrumps are just a bunch of fun loving freaks making it happen!​

That's the introduction to The Skrumps homepage on Yahoo! Kids.

"The Skrumps" features computer-generated puppets, using the Henson Digital Performance System. The online bits are actually lot of fun, and quite humorous!

So, what are you waiting for? Go Meet the Skrumps!

beaker

Reaction score
WHOAH!

I saw THESE http://www.splashdowntoys.com/product/index.html in a
magazine a few years back and was all "those totally look like some new Muppet type of deal from the Jim Henson company".

Does this make the Skrumps official Muppet canon, like Fraggle Rock/Bear
in the Big Blue House/Animal Jam/etc?

As, they certain sure do look VERY Muppety!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
There's an article about them over on Muppet Wiki. Apparently, they're trying to make it a show!

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Skrumps

The lead character, Wishbone, is performed by Victor Yerrid.
Raisins is performed by Julianne Buescher of Puppet Up!
I'm assuming Skrumpy is Alan Trautmen, but I don't know that as a fact.

I like Skrumpy. He's awesome!

Does anyone else find Skrumpy's video blog to be an awful lot like Kermit's interview with Animal from The Muppet Show guest starring Harvey Korman?

wes

Reaction score
This is so what the Henson Folks need to do right know!! the skrumps are awesome and the use of the Henson Digital Performance System is cool. the videos on Yahoo are funny in a Henson way. Cant wait for more!!!!:smile:

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Don't forget to listen to the latest episode of the Henson Podcast -

http://www.Henson.com/podcast

It has interviews with John Chandler (creator of the Skrumps), Halle Stanford (heads of Children's Television) and Victor Yerrid (puppeteer of Wishbone) all about The Skrumps!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
These guys actually look pretty cool. I would be interested to see where this could go, I think my favorite is Skrumpy, he's cute. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I want to see the puppets that they made of these characters before they did the digital stuff:smile: It looks like they are only using one of Chandler's original characters, which is good...as the new Skrumps look very "muppety":smile:

What I like is that Raisins character. It's cool to watch a kids cartoon and hear someone talk about being into like existential taoism or something. Sure, most kids will just scratch their heads, but it rocks...doesn't placate too much.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that was pretty interesting. She's like Mokey... kinda.

Luke

Reaction score
They look fun, and very wacky. I thought you could get that Henson podcast in MP3 or something? Has anyone got the videos in another format as well? I don't consider them Muppet Canon, being CGI, not Muppet design, and not even designed by Henson - but i think its the right kinda thing for them to do at the moment and good to see them still doing some kids stuff. Seems like the Puppet UP! troupe are now Henson's new band of permanent performers and good to see them making use of the digital performance system.