Hensonville City 2011

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Red: Thanks for the word search books Prairie and Rosita - I'm going crazy sitting here doing nothing. It's so boring! Tell Kathy thank you for me too.
Rowlf: I'm not much of a chef, but I hope this radish soup is ok. I talked to Boober and he said this is how you make it.
Red: Thanks Rowlf. I somehow don't think I have to worry about you know who, but I'll eat this up quickly just in case.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I wonder if :hungry: considers pöpcorn in the same way as counting as a serving of vegetables as pömpkin pie.
UD: Really,…? You have to ask that?
Yeah... That's probably how Congress got to labeling pizza and French fries as veggies under their attempted culinary reclassifications last year.

*:batty: leaves one of his jigsaw puzzles to help Red get through the day, hoping she gets better soon.

*Meanwhile, Ed drops off a container of those mega cinnamon buns from that diner in Dallas at Apt 3 for Kelly and company.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
All set?

:news: Uhhh...yes. I mean yes. Absolutely.

Rubber ducky music lessons gift certificate for Ernie?

:news: Check.

Fancy Peruvian woven scarf for Gillis?

:news: Roger that.

Carl, the Big Mean Bunny: We have a Roger? Nobody said anything about Rogers. I've always wanted to taste one'a them...

Snookie *ignoring Carl, sidestepping the instant drool puddle* What about the little red chick who twisted her ankle?

Red Fraggle? I think she's still laid up and bored out of her fuzzy skull. Snookie! Why don't you go over and chat with her?

Snookie: Me?

:news: Him?

BMC: Him? *beat* What do Fraggles taste like?

Radishes.

BMC: Ewwwww! Forget it! *stomps off in a huff; shortly thereafter the sounds of the couch being devoured float through the apartment*

Snookie: We're gonna lose more sofas that way... Eh. Anyway. So...this Red girl. Is she cute?

:news: Haven't you seen her? And what does cuteness have to do with cheering up someone in the doldrums?

He said doldrums... *grinning* He's so cute...

:news: *blush* Ahem.

Snookie: It has EVERYTHING to do with me spending my valuable time with a person of the opposite gender, my nose-y cousin! I'm a man about town, ya know. Busy busy busy.

BMC: Right...says the guy who spent the past couple of days cursing at the videogame thingy...

Snookie: I am utterly convinced YOU spawned those Rabbid things.

Look...Newsie and I are going around to drop off these gifts. We'll stop in with some vanilla chamomile tea for Red...

:news: *whispering* Remind me again why that flavor?

*whispering back* It's CALMING. More of a gift for her roomies, really...

:news: Ah.

...so why don't you go on over and chat with her? You're good at talking fast and pointlessly about stuff.

Snookie: Years of practi-- hey!
--------------

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Rygel (eating buns)

Spike (snoring)

Cotterpin (turning on a doozer-sized fan in front of Kelly's face): I TOLD you helping your mother garden wasn't going to feel good.

Kelly (groans, rubbing her neck): But I can't help garden in spring for the asthma thing and the fact I fear insects more than I do the plague.

Cotterpin: Did you think to ask me for some Doozer dozers?

Kelly (groans): No ....

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Cotterpin (headdesks): Getting doozy in my old age ... :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you keep hitting your head you really will be doozy.
*Wonders what's taking that delivery badger so long in getting us our dinners. *Has fun referencing characters from people's fics as part of our expanded Muppaverse.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(Ru is looking in the pantry cabinet when Fozzie comes in, making little "hmmm" noises to herself. Fozzie walks up and taps her on the shoulder and she whirls, ripping open a box of macaroni in her fright.)
Ru: AHHH! FOZZIE! (clutches chest where heart is thumping audibly) Oh, geez-Louise, Fozzie, you scared the smack out of me. DO NOT SNEAK UP ON ME!
Fozzie: (cowering behind his hat) I'm sorry! Ack! I'm SORRY! SORRY SORRY SORRY! (whimpers pathetically)
Ru: (panting) Oh, for goodness sake, Fozzie. Are you okay? I'm sorry. (hugs him) I'm sorry--I...you scared me is all.
Fozzie: W-w-why are you so jumpy? You're usually happy when you're in the kitchen.
Ru: Yes. Yes, I usually am. I mean, I am happy, but I'm just a little jumpy. That's all.
Kermit: (peering around the kitchen door) Um--is everything okay? I heard a lot of shouting....
Fozzie: I scared Ru and then she scared me.
Kermit: (confused) Are you...are you playing a game? (looks at macaroni on the floor)
Ru: (laughing) No. No...we aren't playing a game. I was, um, looking for something in the pantry and Fozzie came up behind me and scared me. That's all. I'm fine. (hugs Fozzie again for good measure) And Fozzie's fine--aren't you Sweetie?
Fozzie: (weakly) I will be....
Ru: (nervously) Well, I was just going to go out to the grocery and get some food. You guys want to come with?
Fozzie: I'm going to lie down.
Kermit: Um, I think I'll just, you know, sweep up the macaroni. You go on.
Fozzie: Oh! Oh, Ru!
Ru: (turning back around) Yes?
Fozzie: Can you get some more Honey Smacks?
Ru: Oh, sure thing, Love.
Fozzie: (timidly) I asked you last time but you forgot.
Ru: I didn't forget them, Fozzie, they're right...um...(looks furtive), er, you're right Fozzie. I did forget them last time. I'll remember this time. (Looks at Kermit) How about you? Want some Frosted Flies?
Kermit: (patting his middle) Oh, um, thanks, but I think I'll pass.
Fozzie: (with a hand beside his mouth, whispering) He's watching his weight.
Kermit: Fozzie!
Fozzie: (again, with a hand beside his mouth, whispering) He thought the promo pictures made him look sort of chunky.
Kermit: FOZZIE! I...they did not! (bumps fingers together) Um, did they? Cause I've been meaning to take off a pound or two anyway....
Ru: (looking Kermit over carefully) No, honey. You do not look chunky. You look fit and trim and ready to rumble.
Kermit: (pleased but flustered) Well, er, I have been working out some....
Ru: Last call--c'mon--Frosted Flies or no Frosted Flies?
Kermit: Eh, go ahead. I'll walk to work this week.
Ru: Good call. See you soon, guys! If Piggy's looking for me or food--stall her, okay?
Fozzie: Okay.
Kermit: You bet.
(Ru leaves, and Fozzie turns to Kermit.)
Fozzie: Kermit--didn't Ru buy a whole bunch of groceries two days ago?
Kermit: (thinking) Um...now that you mention it. Yeah. A bunch of groceries.
Fozzie: And she thought she bought me Honey Smacks, but there aren't any in the cabinet.
Kermit: I mean, we knew it would be different with Rizzo living here....
Fozzie: (distractedly) I don't think that's it. I think something's going on....
Kermit: Oh yeah? Like what?
Fozzie: I think...(looks around furtively)I think Ru is feeding other muppets!
Kermit: (doubtfully) Ru? No...no. She would have told us. Wouldn't she?
Fozzie: What if she couldn't? What if she's under a spell or something, where she has to cook for someone--or else!
Kermit: Or else...what?
Fozzie: I hadn't gotten that far. I was hoping you'd know.
Kermit: Look, Fozzie, maybe--
Rizzo: (coming into the kitchen and looking in the cabinet) Hey! Where's the chow? When's supper?
Fozzie: See? See?!
Kermit: Well...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Is happy now that that dern badger dropped off some substantial soft bread sandwiches. Dinner finished, we settle in for a Frightday night movie or fic reading if anything new's available. You know, I heard Foo-Foo's been featured in those leaked promo photos. Good she's working with Piggy, and the Muppets... Again.

Yes, had to do that joke, pretty much everybody will be doing it.
UD: How... Droll. :rolleyes:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope everybody has a good day on this, Super Bowl Sunday. If anyone wants, they're invited to come down to the Bat, Bolt & Skull to watch the game. My gang and me are personally rooting for Baltimore, but youll still be treated well even if you root for San Fran.
UD: Boooooo!
Hush now. Gotta get things ready here first and then we'll head down ourselves.

Go Ravens!