Herbie Hancock On Sesame Street

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Does anybody know what season and episode that Herbie Hancock appeared on Sesame Street?

JLG

Reaction score
That feels too early to me. I think it's from a few years later---1988 or '89. That's certainly when I saw it on the air. Unless it was a recycled insert they were reusing at that time.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's certainly when I saw it on the air. Unless it was a recycled insert they were reusing at that time.
That would make sense. They reused a lot of segments for a long time. For instance, a lot of episodes from the 80s were made up almost entirely of inserts from the 70s. And I was born in 1999, but I still remember seeing "Pinball Number Count" when I was three. And many segments from the 90s were still used all the way through season 41.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember this segment from around 1984 or so (Season 15?) Herbie Hancock was big deal, thanks to his "Rockit" video on MTV, so Sesame was quick to capture him while he was still a had a shelf life in pop culture. (Like Bobby McFerrin a few years later).
Herbie has been a jazz musician since the 60's, scoring movie soundtracks, jamming with Miles Davis, but still remained outside the mainstream.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I just found out on Muppet Wiki that this segment appeared in Season 19 and it first appeared in Episode 2449.