here's an idea i need help with

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
I know this going to sound really stupid and dorky but here me out. I think all of us fans of the muppets should make a petition or something to get Muppets Tonight! either released on DVD or at least put back on the Disney channel. There was only less than 20 episodes so they could definently get them all on 2-3 DVDs. I was just looking at an episode guide for it and was reminded of all the great episodes and sketches. I know I sound stupid and obsessive but I don't think I can handle not ever seeing this great show again. Please help.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I understand how you feel and your enthusiasm is great. If you want to start a petition, well, start one!

TMS is being released on DVD starting in the fall (I know, TimeLife has had 'em for a while, but I mean an in-store release with the ability to reach more people). I suspect more releases will follow. There are rumors about Fraggle Rock coming to DVD soon. It would be unwise for Henson to release everything at once.

If we're patient, I think we'll get most, if not all, the old shows eventually. I'm not arguing against a petition, just trying to offer a little hope.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
if you start a petiton I would definetly sign.and i also wish it would go back to the Disney Channel,of course right the Disney Channel only shows crap until about 12 at night.

doctort13

Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen...start your petitions

I too will sign an on-line petition to have any Henson program released in the USA on DVD, will oodles of cool extras of course.

Look at http://www.petitiononline.com to create one and let us know when it's ready to sign.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
ok i'm working on the petition right now. but i'm just wondering who i should list at the petition target.

doctort13

Reaction score
You may need to do a little digging to try and find out what company owns/holds the rights to distribute MT. Start with JHC, and perhaps Columbia/Tri-Star.

Happy info hunting!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by the_great_gonzo
I know this going to sound really stupid and dorky but here me out. I think all of us fans of the muppets should make a petition or something to get Muppets Tonight! either released on DVD or at least put back on the Disney channel.

Gonzo,
I don't think it's stupid at all. I see where in the coming months The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Sanford and Son and even (beleive it or not) the Jeffersons are all being released on DVD.
If the market can handle those, I think Muppets Tonight isn't that much of a reach.
However. last week I took the kido to LA for the weekend, and we decided to go to Target and get some Henson DVDs to watch on the laptop.... all they had was one ELMO program! No other Muppet stuff (mind you they had 2 different David Lynch movies)
That was a shock to me, but I guess it's to be expected in LA :wink: Anyway get your petition up, I'll sign it ....fer sure