Hero Guy!

mikealan

Reaction score
Hello, MC fans, I am very upset that Noggin is showing much less of Sesame Street from 2000 and more of Sesame Street from 2003 on PBS Kids, but I am going to get copies of many classic episodes of Sesame Street Unpaved, Sesame Too (episodes from the early 90's before Around the Corner, my own title) and 1-2-3 Sesame Street (episodes from 1993-94 season). BTW, they did get rid of them! From now on and forever more, we have to essentially watch the today's season that features many of the even-more annoying segments like Cookie's Letter Of the Day, the Count's Number Of the Day, Journey to Ernie, Monster Clubhouse, Global Grover and Hero Guy!!! I gotta tell you, Elmo, Big Bird, Grover, Zoe, Rosita, Baby Bear and the Monster Clubhouse members ruined Sesame Street and here is the part of Hero Guy:

Baby Bear: "Hello, I am weally, WEALLY sad! Don't you agree with me?"
Hero Guy: "Yes, I AM WEALLY, WEALLY SAD!!!"

That's right, the new segments take over the vintage skits and the cutesy characters take the old characters away! I think American TV is never showing any of our great Muppets again like Guy Smiley,Roosevelt Franklin, Sherlock Hemlock, Herbert Birdsfoot, Little Bird, Professor Hastings, Granny Fanny Nesselrode, Harvey Kneeslapper, Lefty, Dr. Nobel Price, Sam the Robot, the Yip-Yip Martians, Don Music, Simon Soundman, Roxy Marie, Kingston Livington III, Davey & Joey Monkey, Benny Bunny, Biff & Sully, Forgetful Jones, Clementine, Buster the Horse, the Amazing Mumford and the Twiddlebugs, as well as the vintage skits like Capital I, Lowercase N, Two Little Dolls, Pinball Number Count, Jazzy Spies, the Baker (Jim Henson), the Number Painter, the Typewriter Guy, Letters In Sand, Teeny Little Super Guy, Monsterpiece Theater, Newsflash with Kermit the Frog, Grover the Waiter and much more.

The new segments like Letter Of the Day, Number Of the Day, Journey to Ernie, Global Grover, Monster Clubhouse and Hero Guy will last on the air FOREVER! AAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

HERO GUY IS EVIL!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
First of all, I LOVE Grover, and the fact he even HAS more than a small cameo role in episodes is a godsend. But I do agree, Monster Clubhouse and Hero Guy, for lack of a better word, suck!!! Suck suck suck!!!! They are repetitive and uneven. I love Letter of the day and Global grover, JTE is actually less painful to watch now.

But, once again, the educators, parental groups and psycologists are to blaime, not Elmo, Zoe, et al... for the dissappearance of Guy Smiley,Roosevelt Franklin, Sherlock Hemlock, Herbert Birdsfoot, Little Bird, Professor Hastings, Granny Fanny Nesselrode, Harvey Kneeslapper, Lefty, Dr. Nobel Price, Sam the Robot, the Yip-Yip Martians, Don Music, Simon Soundman, Roxy Marie, Kingston Livington III, Davey & Joey Monkey, Benny Bunny, Biff & Sully, Forgetful Jones, Clementine, Buster the Horse, the Amazing Mumford and the Twiddlebugs is because of

A) Jim and Richard are dead, and Frank has a directing career, and they don't have many great continuers for the roles. Besides, We do have Ernie, Cookie, Grover, Bert, the Two headed monster, and now Gladys on the show more often.

B) Kids relate to child characters. It's true, it's not fair but it's true...

C) Few people liked Sam the Robot, Herbert Birdsfoot, and Joey and Davey
However, the Martians and Mumford ARE on the show if you know where to look for it.

Though I agree that Noggin sucks, keep in mind, it's because of Nick rerunning junk reruns of their Teen oriented shows. Tweenaged girls control the media...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Hero Guy is annoying and I really don't see the educational value in it. Monster Club house is something I haven't seen in season 34 yet. Was it dropped or just limited to a few shows?

Global Grover isn't bad. It's used as a way to show children from all ove the world. I think stuff like that is important for kids to see.

The letter of the day segments are a good way to introduce the letter. it's much better than Gover delivering "letters" to the mail-it-shop (why was it changed?).

The Count segment makes a heck of a lot of sense and I'm surprised they didn't do that sooner. He's the Count! Of course he should be doing the number segments.

Journey to Ernie is a bit strange. It's good that Big Bird will always have a major role in the show, and it's good that Ernie is used in every show, but it's an odd combination. It would be better if they showed more classic Bert and Ernie skits at the end of the segment. Also, I'd like to see Bert help Big Bird to find Ernie. Have them search together. That would make a bit more sense.

Elmo's World does actually have some educational value. I am very glad, though, that it was cut down to 15 minutes. I think it use to be 3 minutes of the show when it started. They really should get rid of the song at the end though.

Personally, I'd like to see Grover, Bert, Ernie, Cookie, Count, Oscar, and more used on the street segments more. I know Bert and Ernie had a show around them and I know that Cookie had 2 I think, but they should be there on every show. It doesn't have to be about them, but have these characters interact more with Big Bird, Snuffy, Telly, Baby Bear, Zoe, and Elmo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Hero Guy is annoying and I really don't see the educational value in it. Monster Club house is something I haven't seen in season 34 yet. Was it dropped or just limited to a few shows?

Global Grover isn't bad. It's used as a way to show children from all ove the world. I think stuff like that is important for kids to see.

The letter of the day segments are a good way to introduce the letter. it's much better than Gover delivering "letters" to the mail-it-shop (why was it changed?).

The Count segment makes a heck of a lot of sense and I'm surprised they didn't do that sooner. He's the Count! Of course he should be doing the number segments.
Indeed, only 2 (or three) episodes this year even HAD monster Clubhouse (still 2 episodes too many if you ask me!). Hopefully, this will shortly be phased out of the show FOREVER...

The Grover segments are Brilliant. Plus they use great old clips like the Nicuraguan (sp?) family making bricks and a film about Alaska. Plus, come ON!!! Grover yells Taxi in most of them... classic Grover schtick!!!

The letter and Number segments need to be remade. I mean, we need new ones! I think the writing, acting, improv for the letter segments are Brilliant, and the zero number of the day was great. The number of the day, however seems off. It needs to be tooled a little.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Number of the day is a bit off. Does Jerry Nelson voice loop those segments or does he actually perform the Count for them? Id he voice loops that might be part of the problem. They still work though.

I love it when Cookie and Grover are in the same letter segment. Eric and Frank seem to work well together. It is weird when that other guy does Cookie though. I've been told the name of that guy many times but I never remember it.

ssetta

Reaction score
You're thinking of David Rudman. And I agree, I liked those old characters, too. And, yes, Monster Clubhouse BOMBED. It did not test well because it was too fast, and too frenetic. I bet people couldn't remember the names of the monsters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ssetta said:
You're thinking of David Rudman. And I agree, I liked those old characters, too. And, yes, Monster Clubhouse BOMBED. It did not test well because it was too fast, and too frenetic. I bet people couldn't remember the names of the monsters.
I saw a bunch of Monster Clubhouse coloring books.... they should have waited...

I mean, Mel and Narf were alright... the rest was awful!