HEROES on NBC

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I really can't believe Niki is dead; she did look VERY dead in that last shot of last night's episode. But my question is how will she continue to be Sylar, if the body that they both possess is gone?

And on the matter of Claire, I find it really interesting how her foster mother told her about something weird being found in her chromosomes when she was an infant and how she had a cough. I wonder if this goes for the other heroes when they were born as well.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was looking at the 9th Wonder forums and found some really interesting theories (some I thought were good, others I thought were complete horse poop) and here are some things I thought were pretty smart:
I have read a lot on here about people saying that Sylar has many different powers (freezing, superstrength, telekinesis, empathic abilites, and so on) but I believe that everything that he has supposedly done in the show so far can be explained by his telekinesis alone.

Lifting people and pinning them to the wall...telekinesis.

Ripping people's heads off and removing their brains...telekinesis.

Forcing the detective's gun to her head...telekinesis.

Repelling bullets or at least slowing them...telekinesis.

Lifting yourself off the ground in the strange way he did...telekinesis.

Flight...telekinesis.

And, (it may be a bit of a stretch, but) freezing someone by forcing all the air away from them creating an outer space-like vacuum...telekinesis.

He must also need some sort of chemical that the brain produces in order to fuel or possibly enhance his telekinetic ability to the powerful level he exhibits.

I also don't think the writers of the show would give him an entire arsenal of powers to play with, because it would unbalance the rest of the characters.
If claire has super regenerative powers does that mean she cant age past a certian point? All aging is basicly is your body breaking down.

Now on that line of thought... whos to say that claire isnt a lot older then she seems? What if HRG had a woman and a boy (the mother and brother) implanted with memories about their lives by the memory sucking hatian guy and this has just been some crazy experiment.

Also what if Sylar got a hold of her powers? Would he regress in age and look totally different then hes supposed to now?

Just some thoughts for possibilities.
And finally, based on the scene where Claire is on the autopsy table:
I hope this topic has not been done before, but this has concerned me since we found out last week that Claire doesn't have any boobs.

Does this mean that each hero also has some sort of physical disfigurement?
:wink:

EDIT: I'm a little PO'd, but I just saw on IMDB that Sylar is not Niki, but rather Sean Bean has been casted. :mad:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
The first theory definetly makes alot of sense. I'm still a little puzzled by Sylar, but I guess that just makes it all the more suspenseful. The second theory just leaves me wondering if it could be true. And the third is just dumb. It would be really awesome if Sean Bean was Sylar! I would go berzerk! I love Sean Bean.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Okay, so after tonight's episode I'm just lost, so many new questions. Love it, but darn it if I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think that Niki is dead inside til she gets her son back. Next week should be interesting, to see how this plays out with her dad and the painter. It's kinda strange how the mind reader fits into all this, but you're right, it's just too weird.

Daniel

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I haven't had the opportunity to see tonight's episode yet, but I did check out the preview for next week, and all I can say is that our theories seemed to have been right on the money about Micah.

I'm going to check out what I taped and come back with some more theories (and I know I'll have some).

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, I watched tonight's episode, and I agree with everybody when they say things have gotten a whole lot weirder.

I thought I had Micah's power down, but I am just totally lost. And the new guy with the scorching power seems to me the reason why our heroes need to band together and stop NYC from blowing up, because spontaneous combustion is no joke. As for Nikki and "Jessica", one of them needs to wake up and realize that there are bigger things happening here than Micah and DL (I'm starting to sound like Peter Parker from Spider-Man 2!:smile: ).

And I think the theory about Nikki being Sylar has been rectified when she referred to her other as "Jessica". But there's still the matter of who is Sylar, and I don't think it's our scorcher friend; it's gotta be someone BIG...bigger than the horn-rimmed glasses guy, who I'm starting to doubt is the REAL villain of this tale from that preview.

Anyone have any more guesses on what "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" means besides saving Claire (or possibly another cheerleader) and protecting the planet?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well, burn boy isn't Sylar, and not just because he's not Sean Bean, but because Sylar freezes people, not burn them. So I think that this new burn guy may be the catylist toward blowing up NY. Clearly his power has confused him and possibly caused some insanity. I think the confusing part is how the mind reading cop and Niki/Jessica fit in. Even DL seems he may have more of a place among the HEROES then those two.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hmm... interesting episode.

ANYWAYS, I wonder if Claire's dad is assosiated with Sylar? I actually don't think he is. Also, i'm kinda wondering if the moth (gosh can't think of the name) of Peter (yes! I got his name) has super powers?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Been watching the show and liking it

I've seen every ep of this show so far. Surprisingly enough, I like it. I know it seems kind of strange that a creationist Bible believer like myself would appreciate a show like this where one of the main characters is a staunch evolutionist with a degree in genetics. However, I find it to be very interesting, also the way that Niki's power operates with a very dark agenda, reminds me that evolution itself is a very immoral theory/idea/process.