"Hey cow, I see you now" film

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well because it's not good to drink the milk straight from a cow, lol. They're probably be more concerned about showing that now. Though, I'm not sure it's a huge problem in daily life, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think there's any reason to think this film wouldn't of been made today.
The only thing keeping a film like this, or something similar from being made today is the severe lack of family run farms, and the switch to giant corporate ones. But that's neither here nor their.

Now, I would say a great way to off set something like that is to mention how milk gets pasteurized. And I don't see how that wouldn't be a great addition to a "where milk comes from" segment. It IS how we get milk, and how it goes from the cow to the supermarket.

(Of course, we can do without the repetitive song and the overly strict, almost ominous voice over).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I rewatched this (along with the first episode) a couple nights ago, and as far as the narrator goes, I couldn't help think of what would it be like if Orson Welles was reading the script...

"Ye-s-s-s-s-s.... the mother cow makes more milk than her baby can drink.... NO! I will not emphasize the word cow! There is no way to emphasize the word cow. no amount of money is worth this!"

sophelet

Reaction score
CORRECT credits and other comments are here from the daughters of Hugh and Suzanne Johnston (their daughters are friends of mine from when we were in high school). Claire and Huguette (my friends) added this important information tonight. "...a YouTube clip and credits elsewhere on the internet credits Joe Rapaso for "Hey, Cow." ...my mother told me back in 2009 or so that he was a producer at Children's Television Workshop (CTW), the company that produced Sesame Street. He was not involved with the production of this short film. The film clip is authentic, but the crediting on YouTube is not accurate. As Huguette mentions, the singer is the very talented Bill Brown, an undergraduate at Princeton who my parents first saw perform in a Triangle Show production. They sought out his talents afterwards!
Protase Woodford was the narrator.He did voice overs at ETS...and was a lifelong friend of my parents. ...beautiful voice!

Bill Brown from Princeton University Triangle Show wrote the song and music with Dad...
The cat drinking milk in the very beginning is the one and only Bootie..!!♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡The first kitty love of my life!!!!!..She used to let me dress her up in doll clothes and push her around in a baby buggy when I was about 5. So much more fun than a doll!" The little girl in the green dress and with wonderfully curly hair is Fran, youngest daughter of the filmmakers. Please correct your information. Thanks!