1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

HEY! I have a GOOD question or suggestion...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by sarah_yzma, May 24, 2003.

1. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Is there any way we might be able to get a gender choice like we have location and date joined and posts....in the past week, I have made a few embarassing mistakes about gender, and I was wondering if there was any way to prevent people from making this mistake......

Sarah:excited:

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It's possible it could be an added feature after we upgrade to vb 3.0 later this year. Most likely though it would be something that would show up on your profile if we did it. And even then, it would be optional as some choose not to reveal that information publicly.

I'm curious to hear what other people think about this though.

3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I think it's a pretty good idea. I got in trouble once for mistaking that! :eek:

4. SamEagle 000

SamEagle 000 New Member

This does sound good.:D I'd like to know who's a she and who's a he when I'm posting.

5. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

thanks! I feel bad when I mistake that...I usually not try to specify gender in a post, unless I know..and even if some chose not to...I think most would and would make it easier!

Sarah

thanks dude! (I just wanted to call phil dude)

6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah, i'm all for it - i've made some embarrassing mistakes too. I guess as long as people can opt out it's not something people would object to.

7. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

My gender is in my profile. But I did confuse Sarah. Not to many guys out there who would pick foofoo as a user name. But I suppose there are a few. Not a bad idea since before you respond you might not look at somebodys profile.:rolleyes:

8. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Is your user name supposed to be like Miss Piggy's dog?!

-:zany:

9. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

You'd be surprised.

10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I didn't think they'd be many girls who'd pick Carazy Harry, but we have been proved wrong.;)

And I have always known tha Sarah is in fact named Thomothias

11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

uhh...hate to disappoint you, but my name is Sarah.....

Sarah

and somehow superscoot has figured out my whole name....AHHH! (yes I know it was explained to me, but I didn't get the explanation)

did I mention my hair is blonde?

12. Beauregard

Don't try to trick us now, we know it is Thomothius.

13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

actually there's only one H

Tomothius...errr....Sarah

14. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

That would be very helpful to have gender. It would even be helpful to put ages in there aswell, or even just age groups, 5 -12, 13-20, 21+ etc. So we know the ages of who we are posting messages to.

:) :p

15. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Yes, we must be sensitive to the many 5-year-olds on the group. That'd be weird, wouldn't it? :p

And just in case anyone's interested, I'm a guy.

16. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

If Sarah turns out to be a guy, I have some serious problems I have to work out...

Speaking of which, Luke, are you male? Or female? I suspect male because of the whole Britney and penguin fetish, but after this thread, I'm not sure about anyone anymore! :zany:

17. Beauregard

I think it would be better and safer personaly to keep ages off. (Next we'll have full addresses!!!)

Oh and sorry for the spelling error, Tomothius, er, Sarah.

18. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well you can put your birthdate...so that's sort of like ages...I guess....

I tend to assume that most members are male....just for that fact that most of the big posters are......most of the forums I belong to, the majority are male....maybe males just like forums more......

Sarah

In fact, I think I am the highest posting female...of course, I'm probably wrong;)

19. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I dont think we have to worry about safety too much on muppet central. I mean we're all muppet fans and theres not likely to be anyone bad on here. Why would anyone bad bother, seriously.

Theres nothing unsafe on muppet central if your careful!

I live in Australia and we're not quite as security conscious, but getting that way.

Even if full addresses were displayed, would anyone seriously bother doing anything with them other than send eachother wonderful muppet gifts?

lol

I know theres not many or any people on here around the age of 5 but theres nothing to stop any, and younger kids are getting pretty good with computers these days.

in 1995 I still barely could use a mouse, they were new technology on the old dos machines.
    lol
    sorry for the topic change!

:) :p

20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

it's ok....I'm glad to hear security isn't tight as a noose somewhere...but sadly, there's that one person who ruins it for the rest....I know the US is VEE-E-E-E-RY seurity oriented.....and I *think* our cousins across the water are too.....it's horribly sad, but true.....

I am very careful on everywhere I go....I only say what state i'm from, nothing more.....I say my age and first name.....and If I care to e-mail someone (which says I trust them) my e-mail does have my name...but I think I will even change that soon, also....it's sad that the world has come to this, and I hope in some places, people can feel safe wherever, but I have been threatened in my own school...and have my own little thing about security.....it's very scary when a person who knows where you live threatens to come do bodily harm to you....

Sarah

wow...I turned this thread morbid....FAST!

here have a zany penguin:zany: