Hey there gorgeous (fan-fic)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(Backstage snippet after IAVMMC--doesn't fit in with my other stuff, but was still fun to write--Ru)

Destiny is a hard concept to grasp, and an even harder thing to escape. Fortified with adrenaline, Kermit was determined to make the most of the second chance he’d been given. Although he had lingered in the cold, his arm around Fozzie’s shoulder, as long as it had taken to reassure his loyal and long-time friend, there was one other thing he was determined to rectify before the evening was over. “And,” he admitted honestly, “before I lose my nerve.”
“Hey there, Gorgeous—where do you think you’re going?” Piggy almost jumped out of her skin, dropping the key to her dressing room. She spun around and flattened herself against the dressing room door.
“Um, I was just going to change clothes.” Her voice, usually so full of brass and sass, sounded squeaky in her ears.
“Need any help?” Kermit teased. Piggy’s eyes widened as she stared at him and tried to swallow.
“Um, I…uh….”
Kermit advanced on her purposefully and, to her complete astonishment, took her firmly into his arms.
“I believe you promised me a good luck kiss before the show,” he said solemnly. Piggy looked wildly around. If she screamed, would anyone come? Who was this, and what had he done to the real Kermit?
“Oh, well, that was just a—“ Her voice trailed off as Kermit pressed his mouth to hers, folding her more completely into his arms. His hold on her brooked no arguments, and his mouth—moving gently over hers—was coaxing her to respond. She couldn’t seem to get a deep breath into her lungs, but let out a shaky sign and when she felt one of his hands settle firmly on one nicely rounded hip. Although backstage was generally teeming with actors, techies and the usual suspects, no one wandered by while Kermit kissed Piggy in a leisurely fashion. It seemed a long time before they broke apart, staring at each other in amazement.
“Wow,” Kermit said softly. “Could we…could we do that again? Please?”
Piggy looked at him for a moment without moving, then she looked swiftly up the corridor and down. She laughed nervously. “Well, um, why don’t you come on inside and we’ll…talk about it.”
“Great,” Kermit said, following her enthusiastically through the door, but that was all he managed to say for quite some time.

The next evening they moved their good-luck wishing to before the show, but decided on a repeat performance of the previous day’s after-show smoochfest as well. Piggy developed a small row of tiny pinch marks on her plump forearm where she’d repeatedly tested reality, and Kermit was observed humming along in happy oblivion more than once amid the usual chaos of backstage. This new intimacy added substantial punch to their performances on-stage—once Kermit even went out to welcome the audience with lipstick on his neck--and by the end of the show’s run the buzz was so tremendous that Scrubs even called and tried to retract their firing of Piggy. Kermit was polite, but adamant.
“Sorry guys,” he insisted after the third phone call. “Piggy’s back where she belongs and I’m going to see that she’s happy to stay here.” By the time the show broke for New Year’s, the cast was over the shock of seeing Kermit going over the accounts with Piggy sitting on his lap, and nobody even bothered to stare when they were caught canoodling in George’s broom closet for the second time in one day.
“One man’s meat is another man’s poison,” Gonzo said philosophically, steering Fozzie in the opposite direction.
“Do you think Kermit’s feeling alright?” Fozzie said worriedly. “I don’t think he’s getting enough air.”
“Oh, I think he’s getting enough,” Gonzo said enigmatically, and dragged Fozzie off to lunch.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<giggles> Getting enough air... <giggles> I've gotta admit that I love it...

Smiles

Reaction score
Hehehe, short and sweet! and I love the word canoodling!

Leyla

Reaction score
Oddly enough I spent some hours today starting a fanfic based around that lovely kissing scene in IAVMMC.

I really loved the way Kermit surprises her, and the thing with Scrubs trying to get Piggy back and the pinchmarks and the kissy kissies and the word canoodling... and just... yeah, this is great!

So much laughing fun stuff... remember how you mentioned wanting to impose your view of their relationship around here? Mission accomplished... now I've got all these post marriage ideas which I never ever thought I'd write about. Ushy-gushy indeed.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
This is one of the first things I wrote for Piggy and Kermit that doesn't happen after they're married. Silly as it might sound, I was nervous about this one in a way I haven't been nervous about some of the others because their relationship is starting over here. (I feel very protective of these characters and don't want to mess up.) But I couldn't help myself because it was such fun. And please, Leyla--write your own version--the world needs more kissy-kissy.

Leyla

Reaction score
It doesn't sound weird... it makes perfect sense, and because you said that, I know you'll understand that I would be very nervous about writing my own version of their marital bliss. It's outside my writing experience, and I'd be afraid of stepping on your proverbial toes, getting into your territory as it were.

Still... you have a good point about the kissy-kissy. :wink: I need to print out you stories for when I need to gush! And Lisa and Renee's for when I need to cry!

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
it's a little steamy in this forum..woo..but I love the story..too cute.:smile:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Kermit: And up next we have Ru, who will demonstrate for us her talent for completely ignoring her own continuity, not to mention everyone else's, at the drop of a hat! Take it away, Ru!
Statler: No--really. Take it far away.
Waldorf: What he said.

Ru: (ignoring the two old men in the balcony) Ahem. This isn't really a story--it's more of a snippet, a part of a story. And it concerns IAVMMC, the same muppet movie as the previous snippet, but takes the characters in an entirely different direction. Just found it trolling through my files today and thought I'd share (in case anyone cares)....

VMX Redux (Kermit tries to sell Piggy on the script for IAVMMC)

Piggy flipped through the pages silently, then turned her blue eyes up to his with absolutely no expression at all. Kermit knew he might have to sell his idea a little, but the thought didn’t daunt him.
“So, um, what did you think, Piggy? About the, um, about the script?”
“Well,” said Piggy slowly, playing the game back at him. “It certainly gives Moi a chance for some dramatic...exits.” She turned her neutral face on him again, but he was sure there was amusement there.
Kermit squirmed. He’d expected her to balk at the kissing scene—or at least make him fight for it—but he had hoped not to have to cross this particular bridge.
“Oh, well, um, that, you know, adds dramatic tension to our need to have a great Christmas show. Losing our star, and all.” He walked over to stand beside her, reaching for her script. “I fight to get you back.”
“Hmmm,” Piggy said noncommittally. “I noticed that.”
Kermit shot her a look, trying to gauge her mood. “Cause you know we can’t do the big Christmas show without you, right? We wouldn’t try to do a big show without our star.”
Piggy gave him a look and he had the good grace to blush. She wasn’t above flattery, but she wasn’t a slave to it, either. “It took quite a bit of convincing in the script for you to come for me.”
This was not going quite the way Kermit had envisioned.
“Oh, that,” he said uncomfortably. “That was just, um---“
“More dramatic tension?”
“Exactly!”
“Mmmm.”
Kermit didn’t like that “Mmmm.” It told him nothing, and he didn’t like feeling so uncertain. He decided to take the, um, pig by the horns, so to speak.
“What don’t you like, Piggy?”
“Oh, nothing,” Piggy said airily. “I’m just, you know, deserting everyone—including you—in your moment of need, and then I become a housebound Jamaican fortune teller.” She looked at him. ”Wearing an apron. Business as usual.”
“But Piggy—“
“But it all works out okay in the end, doesn’t it? Just like a fairy tale? One kiss and everyone lives happily ever after, right?”
She was doing it again, exhibiting her extreme talent for getting under his skin.
“Well, I wasn’t just thinking, you know, one kiss and, um, poof, everything was, um....”
“Oh?” Piggy perked up immediately, and Kermit’s froggy sense began to tingle. Danger was imminent.
“Um....” he stalled, trying to think where he had mis-stepped.
“So, you think it might take more than...one kiss to win me back after that very unkind comment from you?”
“Um, well, it could take, you know, two or three kisses....”
“Hmmm. I don’t know,” Piggy said thoughtfully.
Her face was no longer blank—she was fully engaged in actress mode. “I mean, my ‘character’ is pretty heartless in this movie. I don’t know if I could see just a couple of kisses....”
Kermit was torn by equal parts admiration, exasperation and...desire. He put his hands on his hips and distinctly saw the corner of her carefully made up mouth begin to twitch.
“Well, how many kisses do you think it would take?” he demanded.
Piggy paused thoughtfully, pursing her lips. Sheesh, he wanted to kiss her right this minute, but that would surely be admitting defeat.
“Let me think about it,” she said vaguely. “I’ll get back to you.”
She started to turn, but Kermit reached out and put a slim hand under her elbow. Due to years of long practice, he missed both glove and poufy sleeve, closing over her plump, pink skin.
“Maybe I could come by your dressing room in a little. We could...talk about it. I mean, as your director, you know I’m always interested in your...input.”
She did smile this time—her blue eyes twinkling.
“What a good idea,” she said coolly. “I’m sure we can...hammer out our differences then.”
She leaned in suddenly and kissed him lightly on the cheek. It was, after all, perfectly acceptable for a wife to show just a little affection to her husband, even at the office. Then she turned and walked back to her dressing room.
Kermit stood there a long time, watching her walk away with a sense of proprietary pride. It was good to be working again, good to be doing a show again. So the script wasn’t perfect—what did that matter? They were together again, all of them.
Scooter arrived like a genie at his elbow. “Janice wants to know if she can use her own harp,” he said by way of introduction, then turned and followed Kermit’s line of sight to where Piggy was just disappearing down the hall.
“Oh. How’d that go?”
Kermit smiled. “Not too bad. We’re going to discuss a few script changes, but she hasn’t hurled any furniture yet.”
“Oh—that’s a good sign,” Scooter said with a grin. He clapped Kermit on the back. “Well, Boss—glad you’re doing the negotiating on this one.”
Kermit didn’t answer, but he was thinking it. Me, too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Fun little snippets. Always good to read some of your fic. :smile:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Yay!! I loved it! negotiation between those two is a very murky area indeed and I liked the way you wrote it! yay for new material!!!